Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been bugging the folks at US Optics to add a verticle piece to their MOA Scale reticle for about 6 months now. My main gripe is that if I'm zeroed at 600 and my target appears at 200, I had only two choices. 1) guess and hold under the horizontal crosshair (not likely except in an extreme emergency) or 2) mess with the scope and put the correct dope on it. (not good from a time management standpoint). What I wanted was about 10-15 MOA of hashmarks on the vertical crosshair to let me hold under by the appropriate MOA and get it done precisely without any messing with the scope.

this is the drawing that I was given yesterday. I LOVE IT. One MOA marks in the middle and then 2 MOA marks as you progress to the ends of the crosshairs. You can believe this reticle will be on my next US Optics scope (I'm trying to get them to retro fit it into my current scope too.)

JeffVN

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jeff,
Are they going to increase which scopes can have that reticle or are they keeping with the ones they have? I can see an Sn-6 with that reticle in my near future.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thats pretty sharp looking. I can't wait to shoot it on that Patriot. :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to clarify which scopes its going to be offered on. As of right now, the only one I know for sure that they will offer it on is the 3.8-22X SN-3.

JeffVN

You guys know that US Optics has a forum on their site for asking general scope and US Optics specific questions right? I've been trolling there for a while and simultaneously bugging JBW#3 on the Sniper's Hide site about the MOA reticle.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
My initial impressions are favorable. That is a lot of MOA that would be useful to have. Plus, the hashes are small enough and by moving to 2 moa marks as you move away, it keeps the sight picture fairly uncluttered. I'd like to try one out when they become available.

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Looks like an awsome design. Now if only I had the time to learn how to properly use it. LOL. :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
So here it is on a M700!

Jeffvn said:
I need to clarify which scopes its going to be offered on. As of right now, the only one I know for sure that they will offer it on is the 3.8-22X SN-3.

JeffVN

You guys know that US Optics has a forum on their site for asking general scope and US Optics specific questions right? I've been trolling there for a while and simultaneously bugging JBW#3 on the Sniper's Hide site about the MOA reticle.

So, if I could get the rifle with that reticle and all the options including SN-3 3.8-22x58 ERGO, .25x22.5mm EREK, MOA Scale Lit reticle, 35 tube, etc and put it all on a M40a3, this is what it would look like:

Note that this setup requires a 35mm tube and the 3.2-17version can be put in a 30mm tube. Here the same setup on the SN-3 3.2-17x44/58 ERGO, etc. with 30mm tube on a Cooper .17HMR:

http://www.westcoasttactical.com/dmci/a ... 113a24.JPG

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You forgot the bubble cant indicator, and that the shade tube includes a honecomb filter, but that is pretty much the full ball of wax.

JeffVN

:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
mele said:
Geez, I need to re-iterate.... USO scopes are huge! Just look at that thing!

MEL
It's like a lot of military specification hardware. It is huge, heavy, and unwieldy, until you get in the field and find yourself winning fourth place against high-masters in a 600 yard prone match your first time out. Suddenly, the thing doesn't seem so heavy any more!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Well, for a competition at a target range, it might not do much, but I wouldn't want to carry that big ugly lump with me into the field, my ordinary scope is heavy and unwieldy enough. You better hope that your targets are always still. Fairly quick shots at moving targets must be a real pain especially if you haven't had the chance to setup a proper firing position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts