Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks... I have a problem. cant stop buying guns and stuff... So Ive always wanted a .50. In touring gun shops in my area I screwed up and bought 2 boxes of Horniday 6.5 Creedmoor ... Well **** now what??? more noodling and im a proud papa of a Remington 700 PCR...
Lets start this party of by sayin I know nothing about LR shooting but always wanted to...
So here we go Shut mout open ears =)
Ken

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You will end up with a custom 6.5cm with a chassis stock and you will load your own custom rounds for it. It happened to me and I was almost powerless to stop it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Post #2 is why I joined this forum

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I believe a number of individuals here started with a factory shooters that like me tried to make more accurate that at the end of the ended up with precision custom jobs that ended up being more accurate than the upgraded factory shooter. I could be wrong but I suspect this experience is not atypical. Bottom line, its hard to beat a custom rig put together by a smith that knows what they're doing. It seems like they cost a lot but when you start adding up the costs of components and experimentation, I found them to be reasonable again if you have a good smith doing the work.

It really is nice having confidence in an accurate piece of equipment. It takes equipment out of the equation of what to blame if you get bad groups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts