Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8705262/
:cry: Read this about what happend during the national jambo.....iam in scouting and at first scared me about my fellow scouts and scout master who were there at the time...iam deeply sad at the moment because of what did happen...

StealTh

Dont know what to say...[/url]

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I was really sorry to hear about it, Stealth. In a way it makes me happy to see scouts from all over the country bonding together though. You guys take care of each other, and I'm sure more people than you know are thinking about you and those who are no longer with us.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
This is the first Jamboree I haven't been a part of since I was 5. I used to live about 30 minutes from Fort AP Hill, growing up, and am now a Venturing Crew Advisor here in Dallas. This is, of course, a very sad and tragic event. My only hope is that God is watching over the families of those who lost their lives. Although this is sad, unfortunately, it is not the first accident occuring at Fort AP Hill during the Jamboree that has resulted in someone losing their life. I recall a few Jamboree's back, some scouts were killed when they flipped a Humvee over (Yeah, I didn't have any idea it was that easy to do either). Apparently, and unfortunately, the simple things that we overlook are sometimes what hurt us the most.

With that said, just remember, and take to heart what our founder, Lord Baden-Powell, has on his grave stone. It is a trail symbol that consists of a circle with the dot in the center of it. What does it mean? "I've gone home". Just remember our fellow brothers who wore the purple patch displaying the Fleur-de-lis, are now home. Let us all pray that through this tragedy they have found what the Fleur-de-lis stands for, peace and purity.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
prayers and thoughts to the families......its just tooo bad...hopefully they have a good rest of the jamboree

dom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts