Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, I am getting married this summer and I am trying to think of a gift idea for my fiance, does anyone have any suggestions? I don't have permit so I can't get him a firearm, but any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Im guessing he likes long range shooting,but thats still kind of vauge.How about a bunch of ammo?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Scopes are good, as well as:

Laser Range Finder
Binoculars
Spotting Scope
GPS
Backpack
Lots of ammo (as mentioned)
reloading equipment/supplies

and I'm sure there are other things....

MEL

·
Registered
565 Posts
It should be something that would last virtually forever - just like your marriage :wink: - so I'd suggest a scope. Riflescope or spotting scope.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Saber- I have a couple of questions. And as is my style they will be numbered. :p

1. Do you have a sister? :wink:

2. What firearms does your husband own?

Just to get started

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
If we knew a little more info about what type of shooting he does, like deer hunting, coyote hunting, target shooting etc it will help us give you some ideas. We will be happy to help.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Everyone's got good answers and all said things I would love to get, and I like Mel's suggestion. One year for Christmas I got a good sturdy backpack, and inside it had gloves and a new pair of binoculars in it...Good for a lot of stuff, including shooting. Why not make him a little gift bag out of a backpack, so when he opens it, he'll be suprised?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Ok muzz has a great idea. A day pack with some hunting gear. Say wool gloves, a good pair of binoculars (expensive) and a hunting knife.

Another option is a good spotting scope if he does not have one now. That will probably run you aroud 4-500 dollar range for a good one.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I say get him a rifle. A good rifle lasts forever. I have some that are over 100 years old.

You can order one for him and arrange for him to go and pick it up.

The nicest off-the-rack heirloom quality rifle made is the Winchester Model 70 with controlled feed. The Winchester Classic Featherweight in 6.5x55mm caliber is the one to get. It would make a wonderful deer rifle. It is also extremely accurate and he would keep it foreever.

The current catalogue price is $762. The piece weighs 6 pounds 8 ounces.

Finally, he is really, really lucky. Please post some pictures of the lucky guy at the wedding.

Mad.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
madgunsmith said:
I say get him a rifle. A good rifle lasts forever. I have some that are over 100 years old.

You can order one for him and arrange for him to go and pick it up.

The nicest off-the-rack heirloom quality rifle made is the Winchester Model 70 with controlled feed. The Winchester Classic Featherweight in 6.5x55mm caliber is the one to get. It would make a wonderful deer rifle. It is also extremely accurate and he would keep it foreever.

Finally, he is really, really lucky. Please post some pictures of the lucky guy at the wedding.

Mad.
She already ruled out a firearm due to not having a permit. She probably lives someplace it is neede to buy a firearm.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hey saber, do you live in the united states? Because you ARE aware that you dont need a firearm's liscence to purchase a weapon here in the states? All you'll have to do is pay for it then have your husband go pick it up. Make a big deal out of it. Blindfold him and put him in the car and drive him around and finally show up at the gun shop. Or I can give you the name of a great gunsmith that will help you build the rifle of his dreams. Mel's rifles are incredible but i doubt they are within your price range. They are also not hunting rifles.

If you have any questions, you can feel free to contact me via email or messenger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts