Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm new to the group and need a little help. I just ordered a savage model 10 fcp-sr. The rifle comes with a one piece rail I'm just curious what rings I need to order. I thinking about getting a primary arms 4-14x44 ffp mil scope. I was considering the burris extreme tactical rings. What I need to know is what rings do I need. Low-mid-high I would like to be able to shot this rifle out to 1000 yards. I just don't know what I need to be able to have enough adjustment to get that distance. The rifle is a .308 and I have read that the rail could be either a 0 moa rail or a 20 moa rail. I'm not totally sure what it is to be honest. Also how can I tell if it's a weaver rail or pictanny rail. Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I'm just a hunting rifle only guy. This is my first experience with a tactical/ long range gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all I'm new to the group and need a little help. I just ordered a savage model 10 fcp-sr. The rifle comes with a one piece rail I'm just curious what rings I need to order. I thinking about getting a primary arms 4-14x44 ffp mil scope. I was considering the burris extreme tactical rings. What I need to know is what rings do I need. Low-mid-high I would like to be able to shot this rifle out to 1000 yards. I just don't know what I need to be able to have enough adjustment to get that distance. The rifle is a .308 and I have read that the rail could be either a 0 moa rail or a 20 moa rail. I'm not totally sure what it is to be honest. Also how can I tell if it's a weaver rail or pictanny rail. Sorry for the lack of knowledge. I'm just a hunting rifle only guy. This is my first experience with a tactical/ long range gun.

Ok I have confirmed that's is a 0 moa pictanny rail......what rings do you guys prefer for distances out to 1000 yards

·
Registered
73 Posts
Factory Savage rail is 0MOA...but with a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP the max is 30MIL of adjustment. If you are wanting to touch 1000yards with your set-up you will be able to do it. Bullet drop on a .308 will be about 10MILS roughly depending on bullet and other variations such as altitude,pressure,temp and all that jazz. I would remove that rail and get a Nightforce 20MOA anyways though. Low Burris rings will work with 44mm objective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts