Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on a chassis for my Howa 1500 for the past few weeks and am stuck on the actual butt stock part.
The chassis is designed with the butt stock as a separate piece that bolts to the main chassis part. That way I could mount different styles of butt stocks.
What I'm struggling with is an adjustable cheek piece and recoil pad. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here.
I have looked at all sorts of ways this has been done before but just can't come up with something I'm satisfied with.
I would like it to be fairly simple. I don't need anything tool-less and complicated like push buttons or cam levers. I believe once it's set I wont have to adjust it again.

If anybody wants a CAD file to play around with just let me know and I'll send it to you.

Thanks
Chris

Chassis-Stock1.JPG Chassis-Stock.jpg
P.S. If someone actually wants to put some work into this, I will gladly reward them for their time. But please PM me first.

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I really don't want to use a receiver extension with an AR stock.
Understood; however, you can get some ideas as to the degree and type of adjustability and incorporate them in your design.
I would think a rectangular base, such as your design, would be easier to design those modes of adjustability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts