Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a little trading on another forum.

Ended up with a DPMS .204 upper, SS, fluted...ect. I popped my current LaRue/Leupold off my .223 upper and placed on the .204 for now.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Your AR in .204 looks great, SuperSeal110. I recently built up an AR15 with a DPMS fluted stainless barrel. A very impressive round, with lightning speed and phenomenal accuracy. Congrats on your purchase.You might want to reload for this round, as the cheapest ammo I've seen is around a buck a round - a bit stiff for a modified .222 Rem Mag. I'm currently reloading for about a third of that, or less.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
That upper is what I am looking at buying right now. Post some groups when you get a chance, we'd like to see haw that bad boy shoots!

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Great looking rifle.

When you do a build such as the .204 do you have to do anything special to the lower? Will my regular .223 lower work for something like this? I have two AR15s and was considering doing a build of another caliber with one of them. I really like what the .204 offers in terms of speed and accuracy.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
whbonney26
wrote:

When you do a build such as the .204 do you have to do anything special to the lower?

The barrel change is about all that's rquired. The .204 fits nicely in the standard AR mag due to being a .222 Remington magnum necked down to .204 caliber. It has similar diameter, although case is a bit longer, to the .223/5.56mm rounds. I've out-shot a .204 in a Savage 12 heavy barreled bolt rifle with mine, so DPMS is doing something right.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
jeffdorr said:
whbonney26
wrote:

When you do a build such as the .204 do you have to do anything special to the lower?

The barrel change is about all that's rquired. The .204 fits nicely in the standard AR mag due to being a .222 Remington magnum necked down to .204 caliber. It has similar diameter, although case is a bit longer, to the .223/5.56mm rounds. I've out-shot a .204 in a Savage 12 heavy barreled bolt rifle with mine, so DPMS is doing something right.

Jeff
I have both a Bushmaster and a DPMS and while both are nice I would take the DPMS over the Bushy anyday.

Thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I love it!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I reload, so I'll be making up some new reloads.

Only have 32g Vmax, 34g DogTowns and 40g Vmax on hand. I want to try some of the 39g blitz for it. Will have to order those.

Not sure when I'll get out to shoot it. Perhaps this weekend. Will take some pictures of the groups, if it's worthy.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts