Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
several months ago my grandfather passsed away and just lately my uncles and my dad got together and they each got to pick a couple of his guns to have. one thing my uncle did to the enfield Mk11 is he cut off all the wood that covered the barrell and some more from the muzzle to about a foot twords the action that was above and below the barrel. it took off about 2 pounds. when my uncles and dad were kids they had to share 2 rifles to deer hunt-the .303 and a .308. so alot of rounds have been put through it. to let you all know--if you have lee enfield never cut off all the wood that my uncle did.. it has the possibility to knock you on ur ass...it almost did to me.
the enfield doesn't have any optics on it-just the U shaped classic sights. now about the .410 bolt action--have any of you ever come across one of these??? it doesn't have any useful info on it.. just ".410 3 inch chamber." i just wanted to see if you guys new anything about the .410 or had anything else to say about the enfield.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i actually have a bolt action 20 gauge... perfect slug gun. A bolt action 410 will shoot a bullet that'll compare somewhere to the 30-06 bullet... just with half the velocity.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Can't you fire .45LC through .410 weapons, or am I thinking of something else?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
caver101 said:
I have a old 410 single shot that was handed down from my grandfather that he shot 30-30 in (or so I was told)
.410 is a shotgun guage... i have no clue how any one would even think about shooting 30-30 rifle ammo in it.

BC

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
caver101 said:
I have a old 410 single shot that was handed down from my grandfather that he shot 30-30 in (or so I was told)
.410 is a shotgun guage... i have no clue how any one would even think about shooting 30-30 rifle ammo in it.

BC
HEHE.....you and me both :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
The only bolt action 410s I have ever seen had been Enfield rifles modified into single shot bolt action shotguns by the Ishapore arsenal in India...

The old timers here fire 303 British in their .410s. Also 44-40 is what Yimmy was thinking of, maybe. They do that too.

Fire nothing but 410 shotshells from your 410 shotgun :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts