Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently got a new remington 700 ald synthetic in .308 and i was just wondering if any of u guys had experience with these rifles. it shoots about .75in groups at 100 yds with remington express core lokt. pretty decent for hunting ammo eh? i just wanted to know because i know the m-24 and m-40 are pretty much decendants of this gun.

~dom~

·
Registered
383 Posts
Edit: Kinda nice to be able to get a $330 rifle (ADL Synthetic, 30-06) and have it shoot that good.

I would gather to say most active members of this forum have 1 if not more rifles based on the Remington 700 action. I think you got pretty lucky with your rifle, with some good gunsmithing you will have yourself a real good shooting gun.

My Rem 700 I use most of the time is blind magazine just like the ADL. If you just look around the forums a little, you can get an idea about most of our setups and what / why we use certain things.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Great rifle. If it shoots .75 moa with basic hunting ammo you cant ask for anything better. Hand loads should shoot even better. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
hypno02 said:
i just wanted to know because i know the m-24 and m-40 are pretty much decendants of this gun.

~dom~
Both the Army's M-24 and the Marine Corps M-40A1 and M-40A3 use a Remington M-700 action... thats the only thing that is the same on those rifles with the standard M-700 rifles... and even the action has been modified in numerous ways by either the Remington custom shop... or a Marine Corps Master Armorer at Quantico.

BC

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah i guess you cant really cant expect more from a 375$ rifle. i thank you guys for helping me out. i'll keep looking at the forums to find setups\ect. thanks again

~dom~

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
You can't expect that kinda performance from some rifles that cost a lot more than that, dude. ballpark for your rifle would have realistically been 1.5-2 moa, so hang on to that one, eh?

Gotta love that it shoots the cheaper ammo well too

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah... great point-- i just have to talk my dad into getting me a 20$ box of match ammo. hehe. i' wont be gettin rid of this gun anytime soon defineately

~dom~

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol whatever it takes man, whatever it takes.

If you can't get match, try some of the more accurate hunting ammo maybe. Core Lokt is good, but theres Accubond or Ballistic Silvertip by Winchester, or Scirroco bonded or accutip by Remington.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, not a bad idea......u guys shoot any cheap ammo just for fun or any to plink with that wont do crap to your barrel or anything...just wandering if u guys have used any. preferrably under 10 bucks maybe???

~dom~

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
check out the Cartridges section and look at the surplus stuff people are talking about. Just always clean as if it were corrosive ammo, use windex or something similar

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
r u serious??????? use windex????? what do you do soak them or just kinda polish off the tip of the bullet or somethin????????i really appreciate all this info guys

~dom~

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Get a clothe and spray some windex or any other multi perpose cleaner and just clean off the ammo... it tends to be kinda dirty some times.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
LOL

Nah BC, ya gotta use Pledge to dust your ammo, and a feather duster...

Ah man, I never laughed so hard at a forum as I have been all day and all night.

Dude, you use the windex on your rifle, to neutralize the corrosive residue from using foreign military ammo. Not on the bullets.

I'm not sassing you. Just laughing at you...if that makes any sense. Heck, laughing with BC.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm special :p

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Nah... for cleaning off old ammo... gettin all the cobwebs off ect ect i use windex :) . For cleaning my rifle i use solvents... specifically designed for cleaning high end rifles :shock: Imagine that :D

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Oh, I thought the solvents were for the ammo and the windex was for the rifle! :lol:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Crap, your supposed to clean your rifle? :lol:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yea i was reading the manual a few days ago and supposedly some "smart" people thought up this thing to do after ya shoot... somthin called cleaning... whatever that is. :roll:

BC :lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
alright guys, why dont you just start typing +1? :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I dropped one off at my dry cleaners but they sent it back. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts