Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, thought you might like to see a pic of my best pal showin off some of our new gear in Afghanistan. The vehicle is the Mercedes Benz G-Wagen we bought to serve as our hummer, a replacement for the old Iltis jeep. I think this is the Recce model but I'm not sure on that.

The rifle on the hood is the C7A2, features a Carbine stock to make it more portable, ambidexterous controls, semi or fully auto selector, flat top with Elcan sight, and 4 point rails at the end of the handguard.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Thats what my unit uses... we call it (depending on its configuration) the RSTV (Reconassaince Surviellence Targeting Vehicle) or the IFAV (Interim Fast Attack Vehicle) or the IFAVHSM (Interim Fast Attack Vehicle high suspension model). It's are great for my unit since its small and can be easily droped by parachute from any altitude (up to 40,000 FT).

Here are a few pics...

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
:evil: Why does photobucket make some of my pics extreemly small... and others it keeps normal size... :evil:

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome vehicle BC, looks great especially with that M2 on it.

Yeah, I found out about the photobucket problem today. If you resize the picture a little yourself it comes out bigger when photobucket does its thing. You can get it to their size requirements a lot better than they can.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I like the Swinging Machinegun Pintle on the front right side seat... you can just barely see it in the picture. Thats where i usually am. Either there or up on the .50.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I can see that behind the guy with the AR in the first pic. I really like the way you guys have that vehicle laid out. The AT4s strapped to the side are a great touch.

What do you think of the capabilities of the vehicle? We don't know too much about it yet, since it has only been fielded for about 5 months now.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
To put it plainly... its the most reliable and versitile military vehicle i have ever used... and ive seen plenty of different vehicles. We can push it out the back of a C-130 at an altitude of 36,000 feet and HAHO with it all the way down to the ground... it can float by driving it over a tarp and wraping it up with the tarp... tying it down and pushing it into the water on logs laid down for movement. There are tons of things you can do with it that you cant do with a M-1114 HMMV or other heavier vehicle. We even have a G.E. M-134 7.62X51mm Minigun mounted on it some times... its an awesome vehicle.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The .50 caliber machinegun rocks too!!! :twisted:

BC :twisted:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol the C6 probably does too but I wouldn't know :(

Ghillie, welcome aboard...gonna see pics of your suit pretty soon?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think I like it. What about the armor? Better than standard Hmmwv's? That seems to be the biggest concern nowadays.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supposed to be...Haven't heard about any of ours being hit yet, but they say the add-on package is decent...the doors are supposed to weigh a hundred and thirty pounds each...And it has a snorkel, eh BC?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The armor isnt any better than the standard M-1114 HMMV... but the Up-Armor HMMV can take direct RPG hits and not even think about it. As far as armor goes... we sacrifice our armor for speed and lightweight on our RSTV's as you can see in the pics...

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Out of curiosity, BC, how do you compare the G Wagon to the Land Rover Wolf, or an older Landie if you havent had a go on the Wolf yet?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Isnt that thing used for medical transport by the brits? Im not hugly familiar with it... but i know its been around for quite some time... somthing like 40-50 years.

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

lol, I'm surprised you have never had a spin in one, everyone uses them, they are the Kalashnikovs of Jeeps.

They are used for about everything the Hummer is used for, and probably a few more things. The Wolf being the newest varient.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Another good Asscrackistan picture, heres the new Cadpat arid regions camo, a C7A2 with M203 and Elcan, and Ajax ballistic glasses.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey BC,
Stop making me jealous, my gunners roll around with their 240g's on bipods on a highback roof. you guys need any bodies? :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts