Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the ammo that is made by a subsidary of Federal. Its sold under the brand name Fusion. Its new. Came out earlier this year. A web site called The New Outdoor Marksman has the best price that I have seen on this stuff. I have yet to read a report detailing the accuracy of this ammo.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I've followed the stuff with interest for about a year actually. It's made by Federal, and it's the cheapest bonded bullet you can get. I'd say it looks a lot like Core Lokt, but structured differently. The lead is placed in a tank where the copper is bonded to it at the molecular level. They say it is designed for deer, but I see it working well on the big stuff too.

Priced to sell, not much exposed lead, and boat tailed...Sounds great to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Federal Fusion Ammunition

I know this is an old post but I couldn't find any other information here on the Fusion ammo. I shot some last week for grouping at 100 yds. I had been shooting HSM Amax 168gr and had my rifle dialed in for it. I shot a three round group using the 165gr Fusion and got sub MOA results. I was pretty impressed especially since this will keep me from having to carry an open air round and a barrier round (two dopes).

Our ballistics guy went to a school several weeks ago and was very impressed with the ballistics. His only concern was that it would shoot a one MOA group as various distances. We're going to have to do some more testing but the initial grouping has our hopes high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts