Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just met my new gunsmith. Long story short i needed some work done to my ar-15 and was making phone calls cause i didnt have the nessicary equipment. Fast foward about an hour and a half and im standing there talking to jered joplin of patriot arms. Very cool guy to work with. Not too many people will bring you into their shop and let you play with everything in the shop. Including their two dogs.

Seriously yall. If you want or need a good tactical rifle, or you want some gunsmithing done, give jered a call. Serious callers only though.

Hey mel, Jered says Hi.

www.patriotarmsinc.com

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ive been bitten by the curiousity bug... what did you need done to your AR?

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just some stuff...lol

I needed a drill press is all, and i dont have one.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Stuff... hhhhmmmm... sounds interesting. Let us know how this stuff goes. :)

BC

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I hear you - Jered hase been my smith for a couple years now.

I have one of his M40A1 clones; a friend of mine has one too (theirs shoots a tiny bit better than mine :twisted: ) Topo and Badshot can both attest to how well mine shoots. (if I shoot bad, I know its the shooter not the rifle) Mel has shot one and his review speaks to how amazing they can shoot.

Jered's reputation may not have caught up with Jeff Hicks or George Gardner, but the quality of his work is their equal from everything that I have seen.

JeffVN

Take care with his dogs they are a bit crazy, just like Jered.

Next time you talk to him, ask him about hitting a deer at darn near 100 mph while on his motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeffvn said:
I hear you - Jered hase been my smith for a couple years now.

I have one of his M40A1 clones; a friend of mine has one too (theirs shoots a tiny bit better than mine :twisted: ) Topo and Badshot can both attest to how well mine shoots. (if I shoot bad, I know its the shooter not the rifle) Mel has shot one and his review speaks to how amazing they can shoot.

Jered's reputation may not have caught up with Jeff Hicks or George Gardner, but the quality of his work is their equal from everything that I have seen.

JeffVN

Take care with his dogs they are a bit crazy, just like Jered.

Next time you talk to him, ask him about hitting a deer at darn near 100 mph while on his motorcycle.
Jeff the dood tried to sell me his old motorcycle chocks and showed me the scar. Man that was a crazy story. LOL and his "big" dog likes to think its a tough guy huh? I actually got to see a picture of your rifle. I actually got to dry fire the rifle that mel reviewed. All in all it was a great experience. Add to that the fact that the guy at bullseye couldnt find the the price on the rings i baught and gave them to me for 5 dollars, i had a great day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's been forever since I posted. I even forgot my info so I registered again.

Yes Jeff I hunt deer with my Ducati!!! A bit painfull but more interesting than sleeping in a tree stand.

My dog is a trained killer! Not too intimidating at 14 lbs, but he tries.

Thanks for the plug Spade.

Mele........hey back

·
Registered
448 Posts
Isn't there some pictures of a 3 shot group at just over 400 yards that came from Jeff's rifle floating around the board here somewhere? I wish I could do that again and prove it wasn't luck. I keep hoping Jeff will leave that rifle at the range so I can take it home with me.

Jeff we still up for Bayou saturday morning?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I shot a new personal best with factory ammo last week. Three shots of Blackhills 75g at 100 yards. (.223) The group messured .036. The rifle went to Gwinnette county PD here in Atlanta. It was a G.T.R and weighed in at 8.5 lbs. Not too shabby for a small rifle.

I will call it like it is though...............don't ask me to do it again because it more than likely won't happen. I shoot pretty descent but certainly don't expect I'll be hammering out 0's all day long.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hey Jered! Cool to have you here...Man, theres some big names in this place!

:shock: Indimidating haha

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Badshot - that picture is long gone - it was on your digital camera, what did you do with it? Sweet group though - 3 shots from something around 419 yards and you could cover it with a dime.

Yep we are still on for Bayou early then load development after that.

Good to see you lurking around on Mel's site JEred.

JeffVN

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I still have the pictures. They would be a good testament to the Quality of Jered's work. Want to post them on here again?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Since I don't have a photobucket account I'll email them to you again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts