Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Box just arrived about 2 minutes ago w/ all my new reloading materials!!! Ill post pictures ASAP, maybe itll help someone out who is deciding like I recently was.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just read through my new SPEER reloading manual and I am rather disapointed, the only two forms of load data offered for the Remington 260 are using a 120gr and a 140gr Spitzer. Not what I planned on using. Any recommendations on a better manual? Or maybe a reloading software program?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Get the Sierra Manual.

And get one of Sierra's ballistics technicians on the phone. Call them on their toll free number ( 800-223-8799)

Ask them for their favorite accuracy loads for the .260 Remington. ( Don't tell anyone I told you to do this. It's considered cheating. You see, Sierra has a favorite accuracy load that they use to test their bullets. And it will give you a very good place to start.)

Mad

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mad- you are my hero!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Caver, my camera should arrive in the mail today, maybe tomorrow. If you can hold out do so. Also, I could lend ya some advise on what I found if you would like. But please direct all your insane technical questions at mad, he is far more wise that I.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Never mind on the reloading stuff right now, just got the eblast from midway and bought TWO leupold scopes!!! They have a deal going that is too good to be true!!! Got a VXIII 4.5x14x50 M1 (duplex) for $629 - that is a $849 scope! Also got the 3.5x10x40 M3 (duplex) for $599 - that is a $799 scope! I guess that I am a sucker for a good deal! I do not care about the reticule I will have them changed down the road. So needless to say I spent my reloading money for now!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What?!?!? I want the 3.5-10!!!!!!!! Link??????

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, but I actually found a cheaper one NIB!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trying to buy it right now....I will keep you updated.....wish me luck.....

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
TO GET BACK ON TOPIC (before scatch comes and beats us to a pulp :lol: )

The press is going to be a Lee 50BMG press - that is set in stone - the rest is up for discussion. The Lee press will do BMG as well as smaller cases. Need advice on case trimmers (for both 308 and 50bmg), scales....ect....ect.....

Maybe we could get mel and mad (or anyone else) together and have them put together a list of recomended gear for reloading and give it a sticky.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I also vote for the Sierra manual, but the Hornady manual has some good info as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts