Discussion Starter #1
LOL, bummed 'cause I cant shoot it today :(
I am the proud daddy of a Savage 10FP with the heavy barrell .308
Transfered my Buckmaster 4.5-14x40
Leupold Mounts and rings.
and the bipod (Harris shorty)
lost the .243 in on trade, darn! :lol:
My decision was based on :
1.) Funds ( CCW pistol $600, and a cell phone replacement that wanted off the roller coaster in mid ride :lol: )
2.) On Sun. (7.24.05) a 10 mph cross wind was moving my placement off by an inch.
3.) I cant afford one of meles' babies.

HOPEfully I will sneak away in the AM and squeeze off a few before I go get a load so I can make some ammo cash :shock:.
(remember I own my own 18 wheeler).

Now, by chance I get out to NM or AZ, ( yes I will have the rifle with me )
If any members know a place I can see what I can do @ loooong distances, can ya let me know?

or texas for that matter.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Excellent!!!

Before you shoot her, run a piece of paper down the barrel channel to be sure you are free floated. After that, you should be golden!

Let us know how it shoots, and according to unwritten rules, you need to post a picture of the setup. :D

MEL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yesser it is a free floating bull / heavy bbl.
I will post pics later tonight ( cam batt. needs charging)
I do not want snowy setting his sights on me, I hear he is a darn good shot :shock:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Heh, yes, sounds good!!

In terms of the free floating, yes, they are "suppose" to be free floatin, I was just recommending checking it, I've seen more than one that had the stock rubbing the barrel in spots, which really affected accuracy.

Looking forward to the pics!

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
+1 to what Mel said.

Sometimes there can be one little spot like 3/4 of the way down the inletted channel or wherever where the material of the stock contacts the barrel, not a lot just a little, but that can be enough. I bet your piece of paper should slip right through though.

Sounds like a great setup and I am looking foreward to seeing it and hearing how it shoots!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
mele said:
Excellent!!!

Before you shoot her, run a piece of paper down the barrel channel to be sure you are free floated. After that, you should be golden!

Let us know how it shoots, and according to unwritten rules, you need to post a picture of the setup. :D

MEL
Hey, that isn't an unwritten rule... I wrote it!

:D

You'd better follow it or SC.com automatically retains rights to all aspects of your rifle.

You don't want it to wind up the prize for the next postal match do you?

I don't hear digital cameras clicking....

All kidding aside, congrats!

-snowy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts