Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m Looking to Purchase another AR-Upper and have been looking at buying a RRA Predator Pursuit or Varmint 18”or 20” for a couple years. I had looked at them a couple years ago and they had the 3/4 “ MOA guarantee on them, but now they no longer have that listed. I have e-mailed them about it but have not received a response at this time.
Question:
1. Are RRA uppers still as good as they use to be?
2. Are they still holding the same accuracy as they use to, or is the increase in volume of sales decreasing the overall quality.
3. Has anyone recently purchased one of the two mentioned above, and how was the out-of-box accuracy, fit and finish?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank You

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the 18" RRA upper on a DPMS lower. This is a 5 shot, 100 yard group i shot this morning. I didn't measure it , but thats a 1" circle.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the Predator Pursuit or the varmint upper?
Were you using factory ammo?

Thanks mwl113

Any one else recently purchased either of these.

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does it shoot with factory ammo mwl113?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't find my logbook, but I think it was shooting sub 3/4 MOA with factory Hornady 75gr. match ammo. It didn't like BHM 69 or 75gr.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mwl113
what upper are you shooting, you didn't specifically say?

Thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
I know this is a way old thread and by now you have long sense made your purchase.
I absolutely love my RRA predator pursuite upper. I chose the 20". So far it spits out anything that fits in the mag from 40 grains up to through 77 grains into very tiny groups. Its not as light as an issued M16 but its not truck axle heavy like a the A4 varminter either. I will add the 24" predator pursuite when I want to sling lead into the next zip code. For now, my 20" swings good and balances well on shooting sticks when I cant use the bipod. The coyotes in my area better be very afraid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts