Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All! I just bought a Savage 10 PT-SR 308 18" and I plan on shooting out to 500 yards, which will probably be my max distance with this set-up. I need scope recommendations. My budget is around $500-600. I would like to get the best glass I can for my budget. I would like a mil dot or BDC type of reticle. Several years ago, I had an SWFA fixed 10x mil dot scope and I really loved it. The only thing is, I would like a variable powered scope so I can go to 2-4x for short range shots where I hunt. Could you guys give me some of your thoughts, within my budget? I sure would appreciate it!

Flyntus

·
Registered
13 Posts
Arken Optics is what you need to look in too. I used to run the SWFA 10x, these blow them out of the water. They are right in your price range.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I looked at their website. Looks like they really stand behind their product. Do you own one of their scopes? If so, do you have decent eye relief?

Thanks,
flyntus

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have several of their scopes. The eye relief is very forgiving, its easy to get behind and easy to find a good sight picture. I would almost suggest the 4-16 or the 4-14 beings you are not going out that far of a distance. Both of these have been very good for me, no issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I pulled the plug and purchased an Arken 4-14x. I can't wait 'til it gets here!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like my Vortex products and love my Nightforce, but I'm honestly intrigued by Arken and might try one of their offerings when I am done with my 6.5CM build. I believe Arken is veteran owned/operated, which is always a plus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts