Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Its been a long while since I have posted (under different name), but
atlast I finalized my order today with Mel after debating for about 8 months between a Tac Ops Lima or Bravo 51, I chose the SC1 series due
to practicality and the big player, price. Just wanted to let everyone know
and maybe get a few opinions!!

Project:
SC1 A5 .308
-A5 stock and spacer system in Olive Drab, with black saddle type cheek piece.
-22" #8 contour Barrel with 1:10 twist
-All metal work including Leupold rings and bases in Olive drab for exception of Black Tac Ops Bolt Knob.
-Leupold Mark 4 10x40 M1 in Black
-Harris Bipod 9-12"
-Log Book to document every shot fired including test rounds.

Should be a very good shooting and looking rifle. I can't wait now..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The number 8 is a tree trunk. I hope you don't plan on carrying that beast too far. I can tell you I have a number 7 on my Patriot and shooting it offhand with a US Optics scope is a chore. Congrats on the rifle. Post pics when yo get it.

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like its going to be one heck of a rifle... especially with that #8 contour barrel. Gunna feel like your luggin around an M-240G :lol:

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, the fact that its 22" will help save some weight...

I kind of like #8's, my bravo has a 22" #8, and my 6.5x55 SC3 I plan to build will probably have a 26" #6 (now that will be some weight :wink: ).

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I can't wait for my SC3A5 either! (Scope comes in like 6 hours :D )

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Way to go MCS...If you don't mind, what name did you used to post as? I think the SC1 with all the options you picked out is a heck of a choice, pretty drool worthy.

wieght wise, lol, I'll have a real pig of a rifle...My mauser is gonna have a laminated target stock, and the No 7 26 inch barrel I bought for it is 6 pounds on its own, so don't feel bad :D

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Wild guess here, but I'm guessing this is trialsryder001.

Congrats on your new rifle.

I'd love to see pics of a #8 an an SC1A5, please post.

-snowy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, it used to be my first name, Mike, but unfortunately, I was in a rush when i created this Alias and forgot what my old username was.

I chose the #8 barrel for the fact that its very stable, allows more accurate,rapid shots,and Its only 22" which would make it feel some what
lighter. Won't be hauling it very far anyway. Should be a very solid rifle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts