Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I currently have a Winchester model 70 .30-06 equiped with a Bushnell Banner 3-9 x 40(?) on it. I am thinking of upgrading to a better set of glass and would appreciate any help I can get. I would like to keep a "budget" under $350- $400 though.
Thank you all in advance,
Craig

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
check out Leupold
im a huge fan of thiers
i have a Leupold VX-I 4-12x40mm it goes for around $250, think you can save a tad bit by going down to a 3-9x
if you want to spend a little more you can look to the VX-II or VX-III all i know is that the quality of lens and coatings are better
i have had no problem with the Leupold VX-I though
there are other good scopes out there for the price im sure other people will mention the other brands heh

Jeff

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can get all of the VX-II scopes and the 3-9x, and 3.5-10x VX-III for about $400. Very good scopes. Also, take Mel's suggestion of the Nikon line. I have owned a few and was very happy with them. Check out their Monarch UCC line.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Also, I am not positive on the price, but you might check out the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40. Very good, but it is probably closer to $500.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check out the Burris!! I have Leupold, Zeiss, Kahles, and Nightforce as well as Burris on rifles that I own and have had the chance to compare. The Burris is the equal of any of these even in low-light conditions. It is built hell-for-stout with precise, repeatable adjustments and a lifetime warranty. For the money, it is the best scope value on the market today. Go to their website and check them out. Look at the ballistic-plex!! I have three of these on different rifles and this system works pretty damn well. With the exception of specialty scopes, I honestly don't think I will buy anything but Burris from now on as long as their quality vs price remains as good as it is now.

Between this post and my other responses to people wanting info on scopes I know I sound like a broken record in my praise for Burris, but they really are that good. Try them once and you'll never look back!!
K2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts