Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm wondering if the new trigger not the mark-x pro trigger that is on the 700's is adjustable like the old one? What makes this trigger not as good as the old one and Does any body have a part # for the new mark-x pro trigger?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The literature says they are fully adjustable, but I have not pulled apart my SPS-V yet to look at it.

The main thing I do not like is the feel of the actual trigger. I love the wide, ribbed trigger of the old remington triggers. The new ones are silver, smooth, not as wide, and are kind or rounded... not as good trigger feel.

I'll pull my rifle apart this weekend and see what the mechanism looks like

MEL

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a pic of this new trigger and what it looks like? Also anybody got a pick of what the mark-x pro trigger looks like?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The Mark-X Pro trigger is the one I am talking about that comes on the SPS-Varmint. I pulled the stock off and looked at the assembly. There is now only one screw for adjustment on the front (the overtravel adjustment is no longer there). I prefer the old remington triggers

I don't have a picture yet, if I think about it I'll snap a closeup

MEL

·
Registered
95 Posts
trigger

If you guys are NRA and get the Am. HUnter mag, look on page 55, February 2007 issue. Article explains it all. CB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts