Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just got my hands on a Bushmaster BA50. it was just to good of a deal to pass up. I got the gun and it came naked. Im going to put the Vortex PST Gen II 5-25X50 scope on it but really didn't know what type of mount I would need. I would say that im a moderate shooter but I know once I start shooting this thing I will want to shoot it as often as I can. Im active duty navy so when im not underway or on mission I am going to want to throw some lead down range. Im looking to shoot out to 1000 yards in the beginning with maybe going out farther. I wasn't sure if I should get the standard heavy duty rings or some type of cantilever mount. I know this gun will kick a little bit so I would like something that will hold up. Not really sure if I need standard mounts or going with the 20-30 MOA mounts. Im really not worried about the cash but I also don't want to spend a ton for mounts. I figured the gun is about 4 grand and my scope is about another grand so I didn't want to put 30 scope rings on it. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Hooyah Navy! also forgot to mention that I have several other guns and I shoot them often as well. They range from my 1942 .22LR all the way up to my .300 blackout AR-15 and .308 AR-10. Thanks for the info again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts