Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
You might need to try to separate what I said to Orkan from what I said to you. The axle you are wrapping yourself around is greasy. At the outset, you tried to portray this as a new topic of discussion in the field. I've repeatedly demonstrated that it is not.
I see you can't answer the question, because I never said what you say I said, or what you assume about me.

Further if you would read the entirety of my post, and get past whatever the hell your problem with me is, you would see I referenced the forums I visit, specifically me, not you this forum and snipers hide mostly, so whatever the hell is discussed on sniper country is irrelevant since I do not visit that one.

And Chromatic Aberration was not discussed on either of these until very recently.

And you talk about myopic views, you can't even see passed whatever the hell your problem is with me, to see what I actually say, before you start posting about crap I never said.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see you can't answer the question, because I never said what you say I said, or what you assume about me.
He said, she said?

My first response to you in this thread was when you posted this:

"A couple of years ago, no one ever mentioned Chromatic Abaration. Now everyone on the forums I visit seems to be an expert on it."

Read post 27 on this thread:

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/optics/7379-nightforce-scopes-opinions-those-who-own-them-3.html#post86399

Or this one:

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/optics/22253-wotac-scope-clarity.html

How about this one?

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/optics/35476-field-test-weaver-3-15-vs-vortex-pst-4-16-6-24-a.html

Or how about this one?

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/optics/40260-optics-junkie.html

(there are quite a few other examples right here...)

You do read this forum don't you? I have fully debunked your error. In the big picture with respect to CA, you are off by over a century. Get over it.

Keep talking in circles, Rhyno. In every case, I quoted your quote, and responded to it. You say "I never said what you say I said, or what you assume about me" but you'll need to extract the exact quotes I made if you want me to respond to them. But it's a waste of time and I'm ready to drop this.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
He said, she said?

My first response to you in this thread was when you posted this:

"A couple of years ago, no one ever mentioned Chromatic Abaration. Now everyone on the forums I visit seems to be an expert on it."

Read post 27 on this thread:

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/optics/7379-nightforce-scopes-opinions-those-who-own-them-3.html#post86399

Or this one:

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/optics/22253-wotac-scope-clarity.html

(there are quite a few other examples right here...)

You do read this forum don't you? I have fully debunked your error. In the big picture with respect to CA, you are off by over a century. Get over it.

Keep talking in circles, Rhyno. In every case, I quoted your quote, and responded to it. You say "I never said what you say I said, or what you assume about me" but you'll need to extract the exact quotes I made if you want me to respond to them. But it's a waste of time and I'm ready to drop this.
Holy crap you actually posted evidence!

Happy day!

Now see here, here's something I would have done the very first response if you had done this your very first response.

I stand corrected, Chromatic aberration has been talked about before.

However no where did I say it was not known before, or that I did not know of it, these were purely things brought up in your mind for whatever reason, I think it's because you like to argue, decidedly with me.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
LOL, it's only a flesh wound, Rhyno.

"Now see here, here's something I would have done the very first response if you had done this your very first response."

I was waiting to see if you could figgre it out for yourself seeing as how we tell people to use the search function...

---

Over and out.
Why would I use the search function to look for something I never remember seeing?

Granted I haven't read every thread on here since I've joined and have taken some time off.

Even then I've never seen it mentioned until recently, having missed those two examples.

Instead you drag this out, when you could have ended it with your first post, instead you shove things I never said down my mouth and drag it out.

For what reason? Arrogance?

One reason why I hold Greg in such a high standard even though I don't agree with him on everything, he would have posted example probably in his first post.

Though I really have my doubts on you replying to me to inform me, I believe you do it just because you have some problem with me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm very interested in this build. I like the idea of a Howa tricked out. If you're worried about chromatic aberration, don't use scopes from the civil war era. I think superman's scope is a good fit for this rifle. Keep us posted on the build.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Why? Simple, when you wrote: "A couple of years ago, no one ever mentioned Chromatic Abaration. Now everyone on the forums I visit seems to be an expert on it."

That comment implies that you have done your due diligence.

I posted a few of the 2 pages that a search reveals for sniperforum... It's been in the discussion here from 2007 through the present, you just managed to miss it. And, you know, elsewhere back to the Civil War...

Don't pretend to be burying the hatchet yourself. You made a little mistake and went ballistic when you were called on it.

Good for you and your beliefs and standards. I let you know that this is a very old topic - nothing new. But keep on beating that horse.
Please had most anyone else posted that you would not have said anything.

I knew I should have trusted that voice in my head that said word that differently or someone is going to make a big deal about it. However I Gabe you to much credit.

So I'll make an adendum to it.

A few years ago hardly anyone on the forums I visit talked about Chromatic Aberration.

Now they are all experts on it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts