Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a Chargemaster/Omega trickler for loading 308/6.5CM, and getting fairly good results - generally all groups under 0.5 MOA and regular 0.2-0.3 MOA groups at 100 yds. Though I might enter some F-Class or club matches, I don't intend to do any serious competition involving paper targets. I do plan to start shooting 1.0 MOA steel targets out to 950 meters in the near future (target and stand arrive tomorrow) and that will probably be the bulk of my shooting. So given these parameters, is a high end balance such as the Entris 64-1 or A&D FX120i an un-necessary expense? If I invested in one, probably the Entris, could I expect any significant improvement in my loads or ease in reloading? Any other positives?

Any thoughts would be appreciated---

Thanks,

Dave

· Registered
10 Posts
I'm currently using a Chargemaster/Omega trickler for loading 308/6.5CM, and getting fairly good results - generally all groups under 0.5 MOA and regular 0.2-0.3 MOA groups at 100 yds. Though I might enter some F-Class or club matches, I don't intend to do any serious competition involving paper targets. I do plan to start shooting 1.0 MOA steel targets out to 950 meters in the near future (target and stand arrive tomorrow) and that will probably be the bulk of my shooting. So given these parameters, is a high end balance such as the Entris 64-1 or A&D FX120i an un-necessary expense? If I invested in one, probably the Entris, could I expect any significant improvement in my loads or ease in reloading? Any other positives?

Any thoughts would be appreciated---

Thanks,

Dave
I am prepared to be flamed. I began reloading ten years ago with the Lee scale that came in the kit I bought. Did OK and I loaded thousands of pistol/bulk .223 rounds with it without blowing my face off. After a while I (stupidly) bought one of the cheap MTM digitals at Academy and kind of half-ass cross-checked charges with the Lee. Did OK for a while like that. Now that I have matured in my endeavors and want to make tiny groups I have serious doubts about my powder-measuring equipment. I have decided the best way is to drop a charge and trickle up to the (hopefully accurate) weight. My equipment through my own testing has proven inadequate for this task and now I must advance. Can you guys recommend to me a decent scale? I have read enough to know that a digital that has the abilities I now require is out of my budget for now. What is a good balance-beam scale nowadays? My budget is 200. Help me out guys. The old RCBS 5-0-5 used to be a common recommendation but they don't make them anymore. I see the Hornady scale all the time for $65 or so but I see a lot of bad reviews. Any advice or discussion is welcome. Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts