Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been out a couple of times. Once with an amazing teacher.

I am finding that I have to make quirky uncomfortable adjustments with my head to get a good sight picture in my scope. I am guessing that it is that I don't have the right base nor rings.
The rifle shoots true.

Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Gun Rifle Trigger Firearm Air gun

Thank you in advance for any help you are willing to share.

Attachments

· Registered
399 Posts
You tell us. What are you having to do to get a good sight picture? Hold your head off the stock, crank your neck back, or don't have enough room from your head to your shoulder? Might just have to build up a cheek rest or move your scope ahead or back, but what are you doing with your head?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I shoulder the rifle I have to lower my head a great deal, pushing the headphone on my right ear up and off.

· Registered
137 Posts
Is that where your check weld is on the stock or are you having to go lower than the rest to see through the scope. If you have to go lower and it's pushing your muffs off then yes taller rings. If when your head is rested and you can see a clear picture through the scope but your muffs hit then plugs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

· Registered
399 Posts
Stumpy are you over 6' tall? I have a buddy 6'6" and he is kind of awkward with a gun like that. Try moving the scope forward if this is the case. It might put your head at a more favorable angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.