Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 87363&rd=1

I know these are not true night vision as the ANS PVS are. All what this does is use the little light given from nature, moon lite, or target light etc and creates a good image. My question is do you know of any brand names that makes these so I can go and but it at bass pro? 'Cuse these would be VERY helpfull.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Those things are selling for under $30... i think the "night vision" part of the name is more of a marketing act than any type of definition of the binoc's actual ability.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
jc71corvette said:
I know these are not true night vision as the ANS PVS are. All what this does is use the little light given from nature, moon lite, or target light etc and creates a good image.
Thats all the PVS series of Night Vision optics do... takes ambiant light from either the moon or stars... or any other light.. and magnifies it thousands of times. PVS-7's and PVS-14's cost upwards of 5 thousand dollors... i know Big 5 Sporting Goods sells those night vision monoculars for about 300 bucks... they work just fine but there only Gen 1 if i remember correctly. They wont be very clear at all... just somthing to get you started. As for those $30 pair of "night vision" binos... i highly doubt they are actually night vision... probably stolen if they are. No one in there right mind would sell anything that is actually NV for under a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know these are not trUE NV. All it does is exploit exsisting light. :)

ooh ooh! It does this because of the ruby lenses? Those are suppose to take in as much light as possible. So I assume all ruby red lenses are like the ebay auction?

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... =CROSSSELL

"Features traditional porro prism design and contemporary styling, fully multicoated optics with a ruby red objective lens to enhance viewing capacity by transmitting more light to the eye and for improved image contrast and brightness and the minimization of reflection" Could that be why?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yea... im just saying... i wouldnt buy binoculars that only cost 18 dollors. Thats just me though... 8)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh I see what ur saying. But I wouldnt be using it all that much. Only for scopeing out targets during nite time. Those that I posted from BPS might just work good. I still want clarification on the lenses. But I know bigger the lenses, the better and mroe light you get. ALso single coated lenses help a lot to bring that lite in.;

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The old saying generally holds true for optics also:

"You get what you pay for".

For that price, I would venture to say they are build in china, and the whole night vision is indeed just a play off of the "ruby red" lenses. To save the frustration, I would probably suggest not buying them. But if you do, and they work great, please let us know!

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Good luck with em :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts