Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nightforce good bad or what? I have just got a new tikka t3 hunter and it has a nicon buckmaster 3-9x40 and will do the job I guess, but I would like a more field frendly scope. Large accessable nobs and I do not like a plex reticle. For a lot of us ranging is almost a must. (Well a new nicon out of the box for $30.00 you cant just throw it away!! ) It retails for $199.00

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nightforce NXS are a very good scope but are very big and heavy. For a NXS tactical scope will unbalance your hunting weight rifle.

I would look at some of the smaller Leupold Mk4's or Nikon Tactical's with a 40-45mm objective.

·
Registered
448 Posts
After having a NightForxe NSX 5.6-22x56 I have replaced it with a Leupold and am much happier. NF are big bulky and require super heavy duty rings and mount if you are shooting a rifle with alot of recoil. Good luck on your decision. Oh, one last thing, they are very expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the good info. Well that sums it up for nightforce call me easy. :?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have had nothing but good results from the 3 Leupolds I own.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know there are a lot of Leupold fans here, heck I own several models myself. But if your looking for a hunting scope with some type of range finding reticle then why not try a Burris. the glass is clear and the adjustments are sound. I've had great results from there full feild series and diamond series. Zeiss also makes a great hunting scope in their conquest series.

I also own a few nightforce scopes. I feel these scopes for tactical use are some of the finnest optics out there. I think I've tried every optic company I can think of. I own a Schmidt and Bender PM Model and still like some of my NXS's better{ my brother in law is borrowing my PM right now and he loves it}. Nightforce has what I feel to be the best selection of useful reticles on the market. I've used thier NP-4 reticle and is one of my favorite range finding systems other than my lazer range finder.
Leupold makes a great scope don't get me wrong,but if you want a hunting scope for big game try a burris and save a few bucks and spend it on your base and rings.
hey thats my 2cents.
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kenshin your 2cents just turned into a buck! that was some good info
and after a good look into burris I may just own one> Thanks jb

·
Registered
994 Posts
jb said:
your 2cents just turned into a buck!
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but that's seriously a great line: mind if I steal it?

Approval or not, I plan to anyway. ;-)

Scatch Maroo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts