Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mel and others?
What is the good bad and ugly on it!
Mel if you did a review I have not been a roud long as you know.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
For the money, the scope is very good. The new ones especially, as they have 92% light transmission. To top it off, you can get them with mil-dots, and new this year, SIDE FOCUS!!!! All for a very good price.

Down side - Non one-piece tube (unless they changed that this year also). But they are warranteed and 100% fogproof/shockproof (what ever that means to each manufacturer). The report has been good quality and no problems. The other down side "might" be steel on brass adjustments, the brass is fairly soft and may wear out over long use and lots of adjustment changes. But that is also covered under the lifetime warranty.

This is the scope (with SF) that is slated to be used on the SC2 SWS and I will be doing a thorough review for the site as soon as they become available (end of april)

MEL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi JB I think the Nikon is a good pick I have been looking for a good scope for my rifle and it was down to Nikon or nightforce I went for the nightforce but it was real close.
The two big pluses for these two scopes wear clarity and tracking
Just my two cents.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some good info!
I'm shooting a buckmaster now but it only has a
nikoplex reticle, it works but I realy need a mil-dot
for all the reasons those who have used one know.
This rifle that its going on is a mule in respect to recoil.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
So get a burris fullfield II... you can get the same scope with a mildot... for less i think...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the Nikon will hold up better over the burris
That’s just me :lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yeah its just you, cause your wrong. And burris fullfields offer the same 95 percent light transmission as nikons.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
yeah, its hard to say, but burris has a good reputation for durability. The fullfield II scopes really are a good scope at a good price. I just wish they offered more elevation adjustments....

the Nikons have a good reputation also

MEL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry Spade I detent mean to get your nylons in a bunch it was just my opinion I detent now your ward was Gospel it must be nice to be perfect :oops:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yeah, its more of a burden that a blessing though. :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry JB about my reply to spade :wink: I hope you find the scope that fits your needs a lot a scopes will work fine it comes down to personal preference I have some old friends that swear by their bushnell or weavers so as long as your happy with the rifle scope combo that’s all that counts.
God bless.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm kinda glad you guy's brought this up. Every scope I've ever owned has been a $75 Simmons, Wal-Mart special. I really don't know much about quality optics and I don't have a lot of money to spend. I'm thinking about getting either a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 with mil dots and TT, A 3-9 Burris fullfield II with B-plex reticle, Leupold PR, or a Weaver Tactical (Natchez has em for like $350 +/-) or V Series. From what I hear, there all pretty good.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I just foud out that the Weaver tacticals are out of production, which is why people are clearing them out cheap.

Not sure why they quit making, probably just were not selling enough of them

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Just got a Natchez catalog in a book I picked up...Those weavers are really marked down, eh?

If I could have, I would have bought a Leupold but I didn't have the cash for it. Try askin Mel for a price on the scopes you want though, he's got good stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
One of Kieslers employees is here on the board as Sniperdog_Alpha...I didn't buy anything but I know people who did, and he found us some great deals

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Okay, the nikon buckmaster 4.5-14x40mm Mildot with side focus showed up in my distributors location this morning. I placed one on order and should have it hear the beginning of next week. I'll do a review on the scope, and hopefully use it on the SC2 SWS....

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Kieslers seems to be over priced compared to the local stores and what i can get from Mel... but if you find a good price go with it.

BC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts