Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted a Nikon P308 4x12 scope on my new 308. went to the range after bore sighting it. after 2 shoots i was hitting bulls eye at 50 yards so moved out to 100. After 2 more shoots same thing so out to 200. After 2 more shoots i put a 5 shoot group in a 2x2 box which i was pretty impressed with. The problem i am having is the i now only have about 7 clicks of up adjustment. does this seem correct or is there something i should look at? thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it has the BDC reticale that will get me out to 900 +/- yards but i have no room for adjustment. Havent looked yet but was woundering if maybe the bases could have been put on backwards.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's possible the rings are backwards...My buddy had his mounted correctly and I think he had a similar issue. Did you verify mechanical zero? I just read a similar thread about running out of adjustment and If I read right, that is what you may have to do. To set your zero, don't you have to raise the turret and turn it? If so, that could effect the remaining amount of elevation you have left to work with....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Jason! For me it seems to be correct. It's because of BDC Reticle. In case you have other problems with this camera you can buy new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts