Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know alot about the NRA. Do you guys belong? Is it a good organization?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, the NRA is the NRA. They do some things that I do not agree with, but for the most part, the principle behind there direction is good, and they are the largest political lobby for gun ownership. So yes, I am a member and I do what I can to support them and defending the 2nd ammendment. They do offer a lot of nice benefits for gun business owners like myself in terms of insurance and advice.

MEL

·
Registered
994 Posts
There are also state-central organizations that you might investigate. I am a member of both the NRA and the CRPA (California Rifle and Pistol Association), but I contribute a few extra bucks to the CRPA (and am considering not renewing my NRA membership) simply because I think the CRPA could use the money moreso than the NRA at this point (the CRPA has a much tougher fight).

Scatch Maroo

Edited to add link:

http://www.crpa.org/

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
+1 on what Mel said.

I had to join the NRA in order to shoot matches at my local gun club. Otherwise I would not have given them a penny.

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Oh, while I'm thinking about it and we are talking about it....

Join a CMP affiliated club/organization also, that way you can take advantage of the good deals through the CMP

MEL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts