Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you play a lot of first-person shooting games, you'll probably (since you're all literate) want to strangle me for what appears to be 'l33t-sp33k.' However, it's the name of a show.

A few hours ago (probably four) I watched a show called "Numbers." They display the name with the E replaced by the 3, because "Goddamn, that'll be trendy." It's an interesting show.

This particular feature involved your prototypical "Sniper" shootings. Quite the interesting episode - has anybody else seen it?

The sniper instructor they brought down from Quantico mentioned a "Blaser-93R" (I think. The dog was barking.) rifle, which happens to have 17 calibers and an "easy to swap out" barrel and action system. Has anybody handled one of these?

Of course, the "jackass-with-precision-rifle" was using a breakdown rifle stowed away in a regular-sized suitcase kinda thing. Mind, none of the shots were over 400 meters or at any great elevation/deelevation, so your 1.0-1.5 MOA could get the job done easily.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I am not sure thats exactly the one, but I have read about Blaser straight pull bolt rifles blowing up and killing the user.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Let the Blaser continue the tradition of "The Dirty Ross" and Eldest Son!

You think they wouldn't kill their customer base after proving during testing (You think they tested these?) that they could kill all of their test riflemen.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
lol yeah, pretty cool, huh?

I remember seeing a thread in another forum that I linked to here once, and Blaser said the problem must have been ammo but the user in this case used good factory loads, I think. But there are a couple cases of them blowing up.

Hey, who needs peace of mind? lol.

As for the Ross, if you ever pick one up, as long as you see the bolt rotate as you push it the last bit into the chamber, you're good to go I think. You should be able to see the head of the bold turn.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have found all these types of shows to be incredibly inaccurate when it comes to realism. I could go on and on with examples... but id rather not get stressed over the fact that liberal anti gun morons are making money off of firearms in unrealistic situations and examples.

BC

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason I put it here is because it was slightly more plausible than your standard "Bullshit" scenario. Some interesting twists, and the whole point with the Blaser 93R rifle.

For some odd reason, the guy always has a van, and the guy always uses a breakdown rifle. :roll:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The Blaser R93 looks better than it shoots from what i have heard... i pulled this off a Russian LE site. Maybe the guy needs to learn how to aim? Maybe it wasnt fully broken in yet? (or broken in properly) Not sure... but here are the results.

Blaser R93
.308 Winchester
Federal 168gr SMK ammo
100 Meters
10 shots

BC

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea what Shag Setkii means, but he's claiming that's 1MOA at 100 meters. Could be, I'm too freaking tired.

Russian LE "snipers" are... well, ****. I'd never want one taking a shot while I'm infront of his muzzle. Unless he was shooting at me. In which case, by all means. :roll:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I know what you mean... the guy claiming that ginormous group is 1 MOA must be mental. I get better groups with my AK's with iron sights and Wolf ammo than he got with the Blaser R93...

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Maybe he meant Hour of angle.

Hey, bad groups with a Blaser are okay, he lived to tell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts