Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across my old photobucket account, and thought I would show my stuff... unfortunately being in England I have no AR15's or tactical rifles, needless to say, but nonetheless, my stuff:

My .22 air rifle with old novalty scope, not a great pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/ ... Yimmy3.jpg
Even worse pic, of poor plastic toy shot at 30m's.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/ ... 070019.jpg

My deac M20 super bazooka, for the wall... seemed like a good idea to buy it at the time.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/ ... Yimmy5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/ ... Yimmy6.jpg

Deac Steyr 1904 with matching bayonet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/ ... /Rifle.jpg

And there we have my odds and ends.... somewhere around I have some pics of me shooting a real rifle, but Godknows where. :roll:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
nice photos
how they all shoot?
what types of tactical rifles cant you get? the 'assault/military' type?
the bazooka still shoot? ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yimmy,

I think that bazooka is still a great idea :) . hopefully no dumb sob tries to invade England :D , might have a little trouble with you there. the 1904 was it a millitary service rifle and who used? Overall nice collection :) .

End of Transmisson

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, considering they're all "deac" (deactivated?), they shouldn't shoot, Jeff. The bazooka is interesting to say the least, a conversation piece certainly. Keep it up so you can invest in a good rifle.

·
Registered
314 Posts
if i recall correctly from my experiences in England (specifically London) firearms are difficult if not impossible to come by... airrifles are allowed but only to a certain power before a licence is required... Yimmy correct me if im wrong....

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
English arms

England, for all practical purposes, is disarmed....air rifles and shotguns (break-barrel only) to be used in clubs.
Bolt action centre fire rifles for land owners with an agricultural reason (and the land area) to own them, and then under very strict police discreation/control
There are also calibre limits....and if you want more than one calibre, you must apply (and pay) for a separate licence for each new calibre!!

Since these draconian laws have been in place, firearms crime in Britain has escalated some 40-odd percent!! The defining factor with criminals is that they do not obey the law :!:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re

Yeah, the bazooka and the Steyr are deactivated.

The bazooka has two metal bars welded across the tube, and as such any monkey could reactivate it, however on its own it is no more than a drain pipe anyway.

The Steyr I have mounted on the wall, and is a rare manlicher type rifle. Only about 10-15,000 were ever made, most of them going to Ireland to be used by the Protestants. I believe my example came from an IRA arms decomissioning.

The firearm laws in the UK make no sense and are extremely restirctive.... however unfortunately, it is the case that although there will likely be more anti-gun laws introduced in the future, I can't for the life of me imagine them ever being relaxed.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Is it true your law enforcement officers might start carrying weapons due to a rise in crime? Yahoo! News (I know, I know) mentioned something about that...

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
314 Posts
the biggest problem i think is that the police agencys in England dont trust their officers... dunno if its true or not

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
re

We have a lot of armed police as it is, such as SO19, the diplomatic protection service etc.

However even for them the rules are stupid, for instance they have to be given permission to remove the weapon from the locked box in the vehicle and to load it, and many of their weapons such as the G36K have fillers in their magazines to reduce the capacity etc....

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
that really sounds stupid
someones shooting at them they need to get authorization to get thier guns out?
why woudl they reduce capacity on a magazine???
that absolutely makes a weapon no less deadly when shooting at unarmed people but puts officers at risk when someoen is shooting at them

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
re

I do agree with the semi-only part.

The only use of automatic in an assault rifle is for room clearing, trench clearing, overgrown woods, bunkers etc, where you know there are no hostages.

Those arn't instances police come across.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That picture looks like they take that "NO SMOKING" thing kinda serious.

·
Registered
314 Posts
smoking laws are more lax in Europe than here.... Italy is one of the more scarry contries... (ive used RyanAir Yimmy might have heard of it) we land in the airport... and ur confronted with soldiers carrying AR70s

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
re

I wouldn't worry about the Italians.... their tanks are the fastest treavelling backwards in the world.

·
Registered
314 Posts
lol... just when ur 14 (this was last year) and the airport has alot of armed Carabinari+Military... ALL HAVE AUTOMATIC WEAPONS! its kinda scary....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bazooka

Concerning your zooka,To bad you live across the way,I have a few tools???
that may interest you.these tools??? are the real deal,If these tools??? are used properly, why there isn't anything you can't disassemble with them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If by tools you mean something to remove the bars in the zooka, then thats a really bad idea, especailly if your caught. Huge fines and i heard of jail time even.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Zooka

If the balloon ever went up in your country,I bet your zooka would become operational real damn quick.Of course your country is not as hated as the USA.There are some very responsible people here in the U.S. that will be ready when the proverbial chit hits the fan.More weapons are stored in attics
than all the gun stores put together.Nice collection you have,take good care of it and never sell any of it,you just might need it someday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts