Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
If we aren't careful this will become the RRS tripod/Shadow tech hog saddle thread :)
==
So I guess I am rough on tripods, I've broken two of the Shockey Primos gen2 trigger sticks (one lasted 6 months, the other 1 month) and bent up but not broke 1 PRS tripod. I'd probably be happy with a .50 cal tripod, but they are a bit heavy :D (about 50lbs IIRC). So on the look out for something that will hold my rifles and provide 360 as well as up and down dynamic capability. I do note pricing would be in the $2,500 range with a tripod, ball head and hog saddle, so certainly some sticker shock, but if that's what it takes to get one that doesn't fall apart, then might be worth it!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm excited to announce another new product in support of the Desert Tech rifles. We now have custom non-rotating flush cup adapters available. These will allow you to hook your sling up anywhere you want on the modular Desert Tech handguard on the SRS, Covert, and HTI rifles! The price is $30 each with shipping included.

Along with allowing you to place your sling wherever you like along the handguard, another benefit is that you will no longer have to remove your sling to swap out your barrel. I'm sure more than a couple of you have went to remove your barrel, and had the shank crash into your flush cup swivel on your sling. This also provides the clearance we want for our customers that are running our large 1.05" and 1.250" custom barrels. These flush cups and our aluminum pic rail sections offer even more versatility on the most versatile rifle system available today! These are in stock and ready to ship, no wait!

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I'm gonna need one of those! I'll get with you after the first to sort it out.

Will I need a rail section too for the atlas to attach?

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm gonna need one of those! I'll get with you after the first to sort it out.

Will I need a rail section too for the atlas to attach?
They come with plastic rail sections. I really like the aluminum ones for bipod attachment, so we can certainly sell you one to replace that if you like.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
T'was the night before Christmas...

I believe everyone should wake up Christmas day to find a gift, no matter how small. I'd like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has a great time with their families and eats their fill. We've had a great time today and look forward to more tomorrow. While I wish I could give something meaningful to you all, I simply don't know you well enough to know what it would be. So this year the gift from Primal Rights comes in the form of news for the new year.

Starting Jan 1 2016, anyone that orders a custom barrel will receive a 2 week lead time! Gone are the days of waiting weeks or months. The teams at TS Customs and Primal Rights have been working tirelessly this last year so that we could get to this point, and it's finally here without a moment to spare. There are only a few qualifiers required to get your custom barrel finished within 2 weeks. Obviously we must have all of the components required to do the work. If we are waiting for your bolt, brake, or other accessory, the time line will be longer. Payment must be received and verified. Shipping delays are also outside our control. If we do not have the specific blank you are after, that too can hold things up. We keep a tremendous number of blanks on hand to ensure that will not happen frequently. Regardless of the complexities involved, we are up to the challenge and look forward to having fast lead times to go along with our unbeatable service and products.

2015 was a great year for us. We are looking forward to 2016 being bigger and better! That is only possible because of our incredible customers. You are some of the most amazing people I've encountered and it is a pleasure to talk to you all each time you call. I know you've all heard me say it on the phone, but I'll reiterate again; anytime there is anything I can do for you, regardless if it has anything to do with what we sell, just give me a call. I'd rather spend a few minutes on the phone with you than to hear you've struggled with an issue for weeks or months. Reloading tips, optic mounting, load development, equipment selection, etc. If my experience can help you at all, then I'll go home happy at the end of the day!

Please stay safe, stay warm, and stay happy this Christmas. Remember the things that truly matter, be thankful for them.

Have a very merry Christmas!

- The Primal Rights Family

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
My 375CT barrel is getting up there in round count, so I figured it was time for some new blood. Looking forward to getting these beauties spitting bullets as the spring comes on.

Two new TS Customs barrels for the HTI. A 34" 375CT and a 34" 338-375. Nothing says loving like the big cheytacs! Give me a call anytime if you'd like to get yourself set up!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
How about some blacked-out HTI? Here's a customers rifle, sporting a 34" 338-375 with an APA Gen II XX Bastard brake. This plate-crusher will be knocking over enemy steel very soon!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
What is the load data and ballistics for that 338/375 if you do not mind. Thank You
H50BMG with 215M's in jamison double star to start with. Powder will be dependent upon projectile, but my last one I was shooting h50bmg at around 142gr behind a 300SMK. 3200fps was ridiculously easy to reach. 3400 if it was pushed, but that wasn't easy on brass. With this new one I'll be trying to work with retumbo instead of h50bmg.

Trajectory? Think 4.5-5 mils to 1000yds from a 100yd zero with 1mil or just less of drift in a 10mph full value.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Trajectory? Think 4.5-5 mils to 1000yds from a 100yd zero with 1mil or just less of drift in a 10mph full value.
That should make 1000 yards a cake walk!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Just some weight numbers for you guys wondering about the custom barrels in the HTI.

The weight difference between the factory 375CT barrels and our TS Customs 375CT barrels is right at 2lbs, with the factory barrel weighing 9.5lbs and the custom weighing 11.5lbs, respectively.

HTI Chassis w/bolt w/mag - 10lbs
Factory 375CT barrel - 9.5lbs
TS Customs 375CT barrel (fluted) - 11.5lbs
TS Customs 375CT barrel (no flutes) - 12.75lbs

My rifle with Tangent Theta 525P, Desert Tech scope mount, LRA bipod, and DTSS 375 suppressor weighs in at 29.3lbs. Big toys, to be sure. :)

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
We now have full length aluminum pic rail sections available for the HTI, SRS, and Covert! As you can see, they fit a covert handguard perfectly, and work equally well on the SRS and HTI.

$145 each w/free shipping and they are in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for the thread Hi jack ,
Can any one help with some loading info for the 300 Win mag using the new Hornady 208 ELD match & 212 ELD =X projectiles .
I have been using 208 A- max with 76.5 gr H1000 and the Hornady 225 BTHP 73.0 gr H1000 both loads successfully shooting 1/2 - 3/4 MOA .
I have 230 gr Berger OTM's also but have not yet loaded any for testing .
Any help would be great , I'm over in New Zealand so takes a while for new products to arrive , took two years just to get my DTA into the country .

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Reactions: Orkan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody ever tried a SRS-A1 chassis w/ 16" 308 barrel and a can? Curious what the inner diameter is in the hand guard. I've got a thunder beast ultra 9 on the way and I'm wondering whether it will clear the hand guard. The Ultra 9CB is 1.5" in diameter. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Anybody ever tried a SRS-A1 chassis w/ 16" 308 barrel and a can? Curious what the inner diameter is in the hand guard. I've got a thunder beast ultra 9 on the way and I'm wondering whether it will clear the hand guard. The Ultra 9CB is 1.5" in diameter. Thanks.
The handguard will not clear a suppressor. It is just large enough that it will clear a straight taper barrel...but no more. It is way too small to clear a suppressor. I had the same idea when I bought mine.

Your questions about desert tech will be answered more knowledgeably and quicker on the gunhive.com forums. Orkan is the go to guy for desert tech...but he isn't around here much any more. He usually answers very quickly on gunhive though.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts