Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,

I am a new member to this forum.. I've been reading threads on here for months, and its a wealth of knowledge. I am currently looking at a used SRS, and I am trying to learn more about it. I know its a Gen 1, and an early Gen 1 since the side is stamped Desert Tactical not Desert Tech. So here are my questions if anyone can help. I reached out to DT directly, and have received no responses.

1) Any where to find out how old the rifle is? Serial # DTA00116X
2) Do they still make barrel kits for the Gen 1s? I know they changed how they mount in on the Gen 2s
3) Can this rifle be convert to a Gen 2? I've read some can..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know there are subtle differences between the Gen 1 & Gen 2, I dont want to drop a ton of money of a rifle that's going to be a pain to get things for.

Thank you for the help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, would really love some help from the more experienced shooters. I have a Desert Tech SRS-A1 in 260 Rem here in Australia and absolutely love the package!

Desert Tech guarantee 1/2 MOA with factory Desert Tech ammo (which they dont make in 260 Rem). I’ve been playing around with lots of reloads but dont seem to be having much luck. Obviously each rifle has subtle differences in the way it will shoot even with the same load. Could anyone provide their load data specifically for Desert tech SRS-A1 chambered in 260 Rem (26” Barrel 1-8.5 twist).

What I’d like to see is Projectile, power charge and also COL.

Really appreciate your help🙏

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
This is something I've had customers complain of quite a lot. Specifically with factory 260 barrels. You are going to need to try a bunch of different bullets. Eventually you'll find one that will shoot. Other people's load data is literally useless to you. They have half-moa guarantee, and I guarantee I'd be able to get it to shoot something that well. ... it just may not be the something you want to shoot.

Buy a box of bullets from literally EVERYONE, in the weight class you're looking for. 142SMK's are probably the most forgiving of them all... but that barrel may not like them. Try different powders as well. Bottom line is that some factory barrels are super finicky. If you weren't down under, I'd hook you up with a custom barrel and your worries would be over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm excited to announce another new product in support of the Desert Tech rifles. We now have custom non-rotating flush cup adapters available. These will allow you to hook your sling up anywhere you want on the modular Desert Tech handguard on the SRS, Covert, and HTI rifles! The price is $30 each with shipping included.

Along with allowing you to place your sling wherever you like along the handguard, another benefit is that you will no longer have to remove your sling to swap out your barrel. I'm sure more than a couple of you have went to remove your barrel, and had the shank crash into your flush cup swivel on your sling. This also provides the clearance we want for our customers that are running our large 1.05" and 1.250" custom barrels. These flush cups and our aluminum pic rail sections offer even more versatility on the most versatile rifle system available today! These are in stock and ready to ship, no wait!

Are these still available? I really want one

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Greg invented that adapter. If he doesn’t have any, then the only possibility is to find one used.

I have two of them, one for each rifle, but I don’t intend to let go of mine. Hopefully you can find one somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greg invented that adapter. If he doesn’t have any, then the only possibility is to find one used.

I have two of them, one for each rifle, but I don’t intend to let go of mine. Hopefully you can find one somewhere.
Thanks for your help. Hopefully I can find a solution

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a good brake on it. It's not the recoil. It's the cost of shooting it. 6.5 cm costs half as much to shoot. I only had one kid when I bought the rifle.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts