Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure this is the right forum, but figured I'd post here anyway.

So after watching some of the Olympic 50m prone videos I started looking for matches using large caliber distance shooting like we see at F class competitions. To my surprise it seems that F class style shooting doesn't exist in the Olympics. I was wondering if any of you happen to know the reasoning for not having long range shooting in the Olympics.

· Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Why was this thread moderated?

I'm confused. This guy posts...but his post count shows "0".

BTW, OP, I'm not ignoring your question. I have an opinion, nut I'm trying to understand what's gone on here.

-Nate

· Registered
39 Posts
Probably has more to do with lack of venue for hosting countries.

If you had a high power competition it would have to be a Palma style match (Open sights/unsupported prone)...no optics allowed.

· Registered
1,500 Posts
300 meter prone Free Rifle used to be a event.
Shot with a sling similar to the small bore.

Over at Targettalk.org there is rumor that 50 meter prone may either go away or go coed in ghe near future.
There is a weight difference between women's and men's rifles under the current rules.
Olympic organizers have added and taken away many events over the years.

Here is a current 300 meter Free Rifle, a Keepler from Germany.

KEPPELER GERMANY - Technische Entwicklungen GmbH - Sportwaffen - Metallschaft - Einsteckläufe - Free Rifle

· Registered
1,500 Posts
300 meter prone Free Rifle used to be an event.
Shot with a sling similar to the small bore.

Over at Targettalk.org there is rumor that 50 meter prone may either go away or go coed in ghe near future.
There is a weight difference between women's and men's rifles under the current rules.
Olympic organizers have added and taken away many events over the years.

Here is a current 300 meter Free Rifle, a Keepler from Germany.
KEPPELER GERMANY - Technische Entwicklungen GmbH - Sportwaffen - Metallschaft - Einsteckläufe - Free Rifle

There are Standard rifles too.
A Sauer STR 200 is still used in Norwegian shooting events. Look up Stangskyting on YouTube.
Rapid fire 200 meter prone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.