Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Anyone have any good or bad opinions on TMR? I was thinking of buying a scope with Mildot but was wondering if I should try TMR. Anyone have any opinions?

Do you see the military adopting TMR any time soon?

What about Law Enforcement?

From what I read TMR sounds like it's compatible w/Mildot. Any drawbacks to TMR?

Just curious of what other more experienced marksmen might think..

Thanks
JMC

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I just ordered a scope with the TMR from Mel. I have never used one, but I can let you know once I receive it.

Mel - If you want to try out the scope for a week or two for review before sending it over to me that is fine by me.

John

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm guessing you might have a hard time reviewing it, as it was on my doorstep when I got home tonight.....

John

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Heheh... yep, I was just going to comment that it went out the door a day or two ago!!

In terms of the TMR, its a very good reticule. It is just a different reticule used for measuring mil-radians. So, in essence, it is a mil reticule, it just doesn't use dots. (hence, "Tactical Milling Reticule") The idea is to try and allow the user to be more accurate when measuring mils. I think its a good reticule, is it better than mil-dots? No, its just different. And no, I do not think the military will be adopting it anytime soon

MEL

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Re: TMR?

762Shooter said:
Which scope(s) carry the TMR?
Leupold

After using my TMR for the last few days, I've found that I can be much more precise in my mil reading. I love it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mil Readings

Copy Leupold.

I practice using the Shooter Ready Long Range Simulation Game available @ shooterready.com. I am pretty good to around 1000 yds, and after that if you are even .1 off you will be WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! off. This game is very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts