Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me paranoid, but I am a bit concerned about what the future will bring us and kind of want to tie up some receivers now for future builds. I have a number of 308 rifles but currently nothing else for distance.

I have a 6.5 Creedmore being built right now and picked up a receiver that I plan to be built into a 300 PRC, and one day want to add a 338 Lapua and a 375 CheyTac. (Or offshoots of those cartridges such as 338 Ackley Improved and the 375 EnAbler).

I was not planning on investing any money into those future builds for a year or two (or more) but I am getting a bit paranoid about what is happening politically and economically both nationally and in California and have been considering purchasing appropriate actions for future .338 and .375 builds.

I am looking at the Stiller actions (Tac 338 and Tac 408) but am also considering purchasing a Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle in .338 Lapua in lieu of a raw action for a future .338 build.

Any thoughts on the Christensen Arms MPA in .338 LM?
Any thoughts on using Stiller as the base action for a build in 338 LM and 375 CT?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Call me paranoid, but I am a bit concerned about what the future will bring us and kind of want to tie up some receivers now for future builds. I have a number of 308 rifles but currently nothing else for distance.

I have a 6.5 Creedmore being built right now and picked up a receiver that I plan to be built into a 300 PRC, and one day want to add a 338 Lapua and a 375 CheyTac. (Or offshoots of those cartridges such as 338 Ackley Improved and the 375 EnAbler).

I was not planning on investing any money into those future builds for a year or two (or more) but I am getting a bit paranoid about what is happening politically and economically both nationally and in California and have been considering purchasing appropriate actions for future .338 and .375 builds.

I am looking at the Stiller actions (Tac 338 and Tac 408) but am also considering purchasing a Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle in .338 Lapua in lieu of a raw action for a future .338 build.

Any thoughts on the Christensen Arms MPA in .338 LM?
Any thoughts on using Stiller as the base action for a build in 338 LM and 375 CT?

I have Tac 408 and had a 408/338 Big Baer built by Bruce Baer and it really shoots well. I can run a 300 grain bullet at 3200fps. The Tac 408 is a great action.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts