Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know this isn't sniping related but would you believe this?

i was talking to a good buddy of mine...who unfortunately doesn't realise he doens't have to lie to kick it... he stretches the truth a lot. He does ALOT of shotgunning and dog competitions for hunting etc etc... well He was telling me about a guy he was with who had his shotgun loaded with blanks and it went off while pointed at someones calf (bottom of leg not baby cow) and proceeded to pretty much blow the meat off the other poor guys bone... Range from muzzle to calf= approx 10 feet... Do you think that is possible...with a BLANK?? i mean i understand it's still gun powder going off but blowing his calf clean off at 10 feet??? i don't know what to think of that...

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Cant say one way or another, but several years ago a hollywood actor was killed on the set of a program. He fired a handgun loaded with blanks as a joke at his head. Blanks have a wadding, that came out, hit him just right and killed him dead as a hammer.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
My dad has told me about that, he actually was working there at the time.....

·
Registered
994 Posts
ekaphoto said:
Cant say one way or another, but several years ago a hollywood actor was killed on the set of a program.
I bet everyone watching thought he deserved an Oscar.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
ekaphoto said:
Cant say one way or another, but several years ago a hollywood actor was killed on the set of a program.
I bet everyone watching thought he deserved an Oscar.

Scatch Maroo

LOL, actually the cameras wern't rolling. It was on the side between shots and he was screwing around and blam, he was dead. I can't remember the guys name or the TV program, but I did watch the show. It was a guy that worked for the CIA undercover but posed as a maodel with of course lots of beautiful women for a backup. All the hot chicks wearing very little clothing is what I watched it for. I was about 14 or so.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've been shot in the face at about 5" with a MP5. Luckily, I had protective goggles - or I would be blind now. But I swear, that burning sensation...never felt anything like it.

I imagine a shotgun blank being a bit worse than a puny 9x19... But I wouldn't know if it would be powerful enough to do such damage.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The dead actor was Jan-Erik Hexum. And he died on October 14, 1984.

He put a .44 magnum (loaded with blanks) to his head. And the wadding pierced his skull and killed him.

Mad.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I thought that Mr. Hexum was from handgun-starved Norway. I was wrong. He was from Michigan.

He died tragically. What a stupid waste.

Mad

·
Registered
565 Posts
Aw damnit! Did he even stop to think about the damage he did to our reputation? :roll:

I thought I'd have to find out who this douche was. And he happened to be born in New Jersey, as far as I can tell...reminds me of how loved New Jersey is in Futurama. :roll:

Well, bottomline is, I guess, if you don't know a thing about guns, don't play with them. If you do know a thing or two about guns, you'll know that you shouldn't be playing with them. Hopefully, people learned.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
And after Mr. Hexum died, his mother became active with Handgun Control Inc. and no good came of the tragedy.

If my child died as a result of a stupid avoidable accident, I would instead campaign to advance training and safety.

Mad

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I think you're being too hard on Mrs. Hexum. The poor woman became irrational with her grief.

Losing a child is hard. Believe me on this....

Mad

·
Registered
238 Posts
However, the time has passed when she could have seen the light.
but keep in mind, im sure she has to tell the story of his death everyday, and its hard to move on when you cant seem to get it out of your life.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
It's hard to be sympathetic about what she decided...I wish she hadn't lost her son and like Recoil says, I am empathetic to her because I know it must be an awful wound.

But the message I get is "My kid did something really dumb, so all you responsible people shouldn't have handguns either"

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's like all these cancer marathons, telethons, and give-a-thons every time you turn around where all these family members are crying that Mom or Dad died from cancer. It's sad that cancer exists and it's more sad that it kills people, but let's face harsh reality: no one gives a crap until it's a problem. Frankly, I think that attitude is a bit pathetic and much too little much too late.
I am cancer survivor and I completly agree with what you said (I was that type of person). I guess that I am a changed person that saw the light after my bought with cancer, most folks just don't give a rip about their life - or other peoples lives untill it is almost gone. I agree that it should be a daily thing we do, not an after thought when it is too late. I am not one of these outspoken cancer advicates, but do help when I can. I agree with your post Recoil, 100%!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts