Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one of these for sale. Any thoughts/comments? And what can I expect to pay for a 95%+ one?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
APK-223 said:
I found one of these for sale. Any thoughts/comments? And what can I expect to pay for a 95%+ one?
I have one and it has NEVER jammed. It is more accurate than I can fire it. An exellant choice. I don't know the value of a used one, but I paid around $600 a few yers ago. It wasnt a great deal, but I wasn't screwed either. try www.sigarms.com ans www.sigforum.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey APK,

The Sig P220 is pretty well my favorite "non-1911" 45.ACP. My first experience with Sig arms was my introduction to the Canadian armed forces naval boarding party course.
Up until then my standard issued side arm was a Browning Hi power 9MM.

The Canadian navy expanded the armory to the use of modified C-8' {our version of the M4}, a Sig SG 552 {great rifle}, a Sig P226, HK MP5, and a Remington modified shotgun {less lethal}.

After my training was finished I went out and bought a Sig P220 {8 round cap version with tack rail}.
The decocking lever and ease of use are what sold me right off the bat. I love the way it feels in my hand and it's true what they say about accuracy. When working on multiple target and moving target drills it's very easy to move and re-acquire targets. It wont kick as much as a Glock or an HK USP {that’s big for me, I'm not a recoil junkie}. I usually never have feeding problems and the ones I do have are usually my fault. I've had it once to the gunsmith for a tune up and that was after some 10,000 rounds. All my friends have tried them and they either like it or they don't. The ones that don't always say its a feel thing, everyone agrees that it's a great firearm I admit it lacks in cool factor but makes up twice in performance. My wife is not a super fan but she loves her Glock.

I would be happy to take it into the field any day and know that it’s got my back. They are built like a tank so don't worry about that.

All in all great pistol, yes it's more money than most pistols in its class but well worth the money. The only modification to mine was the addition of new rubber grips, other than that it’s pretty stock. I've never mounted anything on the rail but I'm sure it would be fine.
As far as price for a used on goes expect to pay about $600-750 for a 95% in a blued version. Every once in a while I see one in a gun shop or gun show for around $350-400 but they don't last long. Check gunbroker.com for a used one in your area.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found out its a P220ST, any price change?

·
Registered
94 Posts
APK,
http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_ca ... strsearch=
this vendor is as cheap as any so maybe set your price from there. Also the blue book of gun values is good point in which to make an offer. If its the STS I'd say $550-600 for a 95% with the seller paying for transfer and registration.
When ever I buy a used gun of any kind I always have a gunsmith check it out at my expense unless it's from some one I know and trust.
Just my food for thought,
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The last time I was in Fort Lauderdale, I went to a rental range and rented a P220.

I loved it.

You cannot go wrong with one of these.

Mad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts