Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen SIG's new IPSC pistol? From the specs on their site, its VERY nice. I can't wait till they're in stock at the local stores.

My vote is for the 9mm version. From its user adjustable (and very light) trigger, to the factory test-target, to the 19 round magazine capacity, it all sounds good to me. It's a tad heavy, but that should make for a soft shooting gun. The catch? It's expensive: $2,499.

If you're interested, go to http://www.sigarms.com/products/sportpi ... ct_id=229# and check it out for yourself.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Its all steel which i like, but i dont know how comfortable it would be. Ive got short fat fingers, my hand doesnt like many glocks let alone something with a 17 round capacity.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

I'm lucky the owner of my gun range is a sig freak, so I'm sure I can arrange an intimate meeting with this sexy beast.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I honestly think you'd be better off with a Sphinx 3000. Should be about the same pricerange. And it doesn't have Sig's rumoured short lifespan, either.

I'm dreaming of a Tactical 8)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I have no idea why anyone would pay that much money for that SIG.

If I wanted to spend that much, I'd look for a SIG P-210. It might cost somewhat more than 2 grand, but there is a precision Swiss 9mm for you.

And for a lot less, I could have a really nice 1911 made. And I could have in made in 9mm or .38 Super. But I probably wouldn't bother. I'd get a .45 ACP.

I don't know if you have ever seen all the little inside parts from a SIG P-228 or 226. I have. There are so many mousetrap parts that it is discouraging to say the least. The 1911 is so much better a design.

I hope I don't sound too opinionated. But I'm just

Mad

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sub, well if you do get an intimate meeting, let us know how it goes.

I used to think I wouldn't like fat-gripped pistols, but I found the Para P-14, about as fat as it gets, to be perfectly comfortable, likewise with Glocks. For some people it just doesn't feel comfortable though, and that sucks.

I've never had a chance to handle a Sphinx, so I couldn't say there.

Likewise, I admit to having reservations about SIGS, mostly from shooting a SIG Pro, ick. I hadn't heard of the short lifespan but I had heard about the large number of little internal parts.

I'd love to get a custom 9mm 1911 built, but the ones I have in my head would cost at least as much, and take a while to deliver.

None of this changes the fact that the new SIG will be a smoking hot nice gun. :D Just not sure if one is in my personal future. I'll keep an eye on the SIG nuts at my local ranges and see if I can get ahold of one for a test-drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts