·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow that was easy.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
wow, very professional job you did on that. it may be worth getting into duracoat or something, you do an outstanding job. good DIY to boot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
awesome DIY man, thanks!

once I'm home in a few months I'm going to do this to my savage stock :D

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
the colors and size of the pattern are perfect I think.

·
Registered
56 Posts
excellent paint job!

Inspires me to try something like that although with my past work in such areas I think i'd have to do some practice to get a job that looks that good..

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Darn't it! I was just getting set to do one (slightly different colors) with GAP pattern stencils and Duracoat and now I'm intimidated!

Awesome!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very nice!!! Once the weather warms up, I have a few stocks that I plan to duracoat, will reference this thread. But on the 700, I just let McMillan do the GAP camo for me. Cheat when you can :D

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I voted yes. Whether you succeed of fail, it can be an example either way. Ans yes, the camo job looks great!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Very nice! I really like the GAP camo pattern.

·
Registered
41 Posts
looks great! Ive bee searching for what colors/pattern to paint my rifle and I love this setup. What kind of durability to you expect out of it?

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Nice work, very inexpensive too. I do have one suggestion if I may humbly offer it. Spray light colors first and get darker as you go. It's a lot easier to coat tan with black than vice versa.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SCSheriff said:
I dont expect much from it. It was more of a test run to see if it would look good with duracoat. :)
gotcha. are you going to remove the krylon or duracoat over it....or is the duracoat version going on a different gun?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts