Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed choices for my next scope down to the Leupold 3-9x40mmPR with standard duplex and the VXII 6-18x40 Adjustible Objective Target w/ the fine duplex reticle. I'm leaning very heavily toward the latter.

Can someone please explain how a parallax adjustment works? Is is even neccessary, as I notice many scopes don't have it. Is it possible to lock the objective once it is set? Do flip-up lense covers interfere with the adjustable objective?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the second scope mentioned or thoughts about the fine duplex reticle over the standard duplex? Or any other misc. thoughts/comments/concerns?

Finally, do either of the Leupold scopes mentioned come with a sunshade? Or is that a seperate item? And I do hope they come with some kind of lense cover to protect them until I get the butler creek flip-open covers on.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I'll answer what I can.

Neither comes with a sun shade.

The adjustable objective is a good feature to have, and if it comes down to it being a deciding factor, always go with the AO.

Yes, if the AO is on the objective end (no side focus, etc) then it can pose a minor problem with your flip ups in that they will not be lined up nice and pretty all the time. The objective doesn't rotate a whole bunch, so its generally just an inconvienence.

The fine duplex is nice for target shooting, as it allows you to be more precise. But you can lose the crosshairs on dark targets out in the field. The heavier duplex helps in those regards, but isn't as precise.

MEL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts