Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to the sight and the info is great. I actually have 2 questions.

1. I have a Leo Mark 4 3.5 x 10. Its the first scope I have owned with a parallax adjustment. The manual indicates how to remove the parallax and I have talked with knowledgable shooters about it. I generally understand but when I look through my scope to adjust for parallax, at say 100 yds, the target and crosshairs seem the same no matter what adjustments I have made. Will the change be very small or is it noticable? What am I missing or doing wrong?

2. Also, witht the same scope, judging distance by Mil-Dot, I understand. But do I need the scope set at a certain power to judge the distance, say 10x vs. 3.5x?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Mele, great site!

B. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
(On high power) Make sure your looking at the target only not the crosshair. Adjust until the crosshair looks just as clear while looking at the target. Don't do it in the heat of the day or you'll drive yourself nuts.

Mildots were designed to range at 10X but are still effective as long as whatever power you use is constant. That is if your'e making up your own little deer range card or something. If thats what you are doing this little tip may help. The average white tail is the same from shoulder to shoulder as a 6' man from shoulder to crotch. Many different Sniping manuals make references that may help you.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I would also like to add the the parallax markings are not dead on usually. Say you are shoing at a target at 100 yards exactly, you may be a little above or below the 100 yd mark on your parallax adjustment. It is normal, dont worry. Adjust as stated above.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I agree you need to adjust based on what you see through the scope not what the side of the scope says your yarage should be.

I wear glasses and my paralax adjustment is never dead on with what my USO scope says the yardage should be.

JeffVN

·
Registered
54 Posts
When properly adjusted, get on target and tilt your head slightly side to side. If correctly adjusted the target will not move behind the reticle. if it does move you aren't properly adjusted. Don't confuse parallax with focus.
8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts