Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a J.C. Higgins model 18 .22 that was bought by my Great-Grandfather in the late 1930's. Three generations of young boys have taken their first shots with this rifle, and now a 4th.

I hope he remebers this as fondly as I will. Up until Monday, he had expressed a little interest in firearms, but mostly just in passing as I was cleaning after a range trip, or moving things in the safe. Mostly questions about ammunition, or wanting to look through a scope. Monday, Isaid I was thinking about going to the range, and he asked to 'go watch'. Never said anything about shooting, but the offer has been out there for at least a year. I thought this might be the day, so I pulled the little old .22 out and cased it with a .22 SA revolver I have and a couple packs of ammo. We made it a family outing, hopefully the first of many. After I put up targets and unpacked , I asked if he'd like to shoot. There is his first shot. He did about 15 rounds through the rifle, and 10 through the revolver. When we got home, as I was cleaning, I explained where the rifle had come from, and how it was now 'his'. I can't wait for the next range trip with him!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Keep your little southpaw away from most of the cable news outlets. Those gun control nuts will mess with his head and make him feel bad about enjoying shooting sports

1 - 4 of 4 Posts