Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, Snipercentral needs your help. Theres a company out there thats making an action similar to the 700 action, its a custom company. The action comes with a 20MOA base already integrated plus some bolt work and other things.

Heres the problem, we have no idea who makes this action. All this information stems from a single phone conversation between mel and an employee of the phantom action company. He was supposed to email pics and all kinds of information but never did.

Snipercentral is really interrested in this product for review so if you guys can find it, I , spade, will personally give you a cookie.

thx guys.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Thanks spade for bringing this up. I'll try to provide more detail.

I received a phone call from a gentleman who said they build a copied remington action with their own improvements. It has an integral 20 MOA base, and some bolt work (perhaps a different extractor? I don't recall). All remington parts (triggers, barrels, etc) fit it. He said he already sent an email to me with pics and wanted my opinion and review... I never saw the email for what ever reason.

Now, there is one last clue. He said that the big texas sniper competition (I think sniper country or sniper hide sponsors) was won with one of his actions (perhaps last year also?).

MEL

·
Registered
777 Posts
Mel, I think this might be what you're looking for:

http://www.pgwdti.com/

and here are their actions:

http://www.pgwdti.com/id17.htm

PGW Defense Technologies Inc., formerly known as Prarie Gun Works. That action looks like a Remington, has the integral mount, and accepts Remington triggers. I vaguely remember something about using it on one of the other sites.

Anyway, I hope that's it.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Thanks Bead Drawer, but I don't think thats it. As far as I understood the guy, it was almost identical to the remington. Built out of a tube like the remington, etc. I do like the actions you linked too though, but its not the one I'm looking for.

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
omg, how much does that thing cost? probably and arm and a leg. Maybe even your first born?

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Those guys just got the contract to replace the Canadian army's Parker Hales

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I'm certain they won't be sold to us :cry: However if they ever are, by the slightest miracle of chances, the call will go out on SC.

What I hope they do with em...is pass them to the reserves, and put more reservists through sniper quals. Doubt that would happen either but I sure would dig it.

They'll still be kickin around though. It takes a good long time for things to be phased out. Still see Carl Gustav recoilless rifles and things like that around, so...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks for the link.

Nice site and it sounds like a good quality product. I can tell you one thing for sure. If Terry Cross is using it for his tactical action, it has to be top quality.

Mel - Any chance of an SC variant based on this action, in lieu of the Montana Rifleman?

JeffVN

·
Registered
522 Posts
Last I spoke with Terry he was waiting for AI to get their act back together in order for KMW to produce their very first package-type rifles sporting the surgeon actions.

I belive Terry dubbed them the KMW "Sentinel rifle" line. Will be interesting to see how they compare to Phantom or Remy.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Jeffvn said:
Any chance of an SC variant based on this action, in lieu of the Montana Rifleman?
I have to throw in my vote here to definately NOT cease using the Montana Rifleman action and the SC3. I like the Montana Rifleman action, I really like that it can be had on an SC3 in stainless.

While I'm sure the Surgeon action is great, I'm not all for it. If I wanted a non stainless action on an SC rifle, I'd use a Remmy. Plus, the Surgeon bolt handle is almost offensively ugly.

Just my .02

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Thats the action!!!

great job guys! We found it. Now I can get back ahold of them. They wanted my opinion and review.....

It looks very nice, and I wouldn't mind looking into a potential offering from us, but at a retail price of $910 for an action, it'll be spendy. I'll have to see what kind of deal I get on them.

Do not worry, it would NOT replace the SC3 offering.

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well crap, now i've gotta mail someone a cookie.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
How about you mail me a new keyboard instead, cause I just spit water all over it while reading that post. pure comedy.

John

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
MAIL the cookie? Nah ah, you said you would personally give him the cookie. :p

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey mel, i've got an SC day tommorrow so i'll get on this for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts