Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Recoil said:
How do y'all celebrate the Fourth of July?
I'm gonna be drinkin' beer, smokin' cigars and shootin' guns! How's that sit with you, special agent?! :twisted:

Riding on a buddy's boat into the Bay to watch the different fireworks shows in Oakland, Berkeley, San Francisco and whatever might be done in Marin (across the GG Bridge). All of the above-mentioned items will be excluded from the festivities.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I am celebrating a little early, having a few cold ones with my dad, fishing with the girls, going to a chicken barbeque, and carnival that concludes with fireworks near my parents place. I have to work the actual 4th so I figured on getting my fun in this weekend. I agree its the most important national holiday, possibly tied with Memorial day, and we should all rember how lucky we are to live here in the USA(not meaning to exclude aour Canadian brothers)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Im going to my aunts camp sunday for a BBQ and swimming/kyaking and my brother will probably bring fireworks,just a fun day with our family.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hey, no offence Mlammers! We tried to kick the brits out too, and we coulda had our own Fourth of July but the problem we had was...heck, we were kinda French at the time!

Soo, we lost. But, we have Canada day on July 1st instead, symbolizing our ascent from a colony mostly made up of good, hard, salt of the earth people who wanted a new land and the prostitutes sent from Paris to breed with them, into the big old independant nation we are today.

Just kidding all, that's not what it's about at all. Wether it's the first or the fourth, it's about having a good time with the people you are close to and remembering how great the free nations we are priveledged to live in really are. And keep a thought for those guys out there working the mean streets at home and overseas, for the fact we have another birthday for our nation is a credit to their hard work and dedication.

Plans to celebrate here were an outdoor party, concert, and fireworks display on Parliment hill in Ottawa, but the weather had other plans, so Muzz and the Canadian contingent probably all went clubbing. Turns out Canada day is actually celebrated in Quebec, who knew?!

Happy Birthday USA and Canada! And many more!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Maby friends/family house. get some drinking, watch the bombs bursting in air and the rockets red glare. Or stay home and do that all my self hah. I might play Marine in my woods and pretend the fireworks are flares. and the bottel rockets and other things that make the whistle noise i'll pretend there incomming mortars.

Hah

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Recoil said:
Actually Scatch, I believe that Thomas Jefferson and/or some of the other Founders said that we should celebrate with weapons fire. That fact, combined with "bombs bursting in air" is how we got the tradition of fireworks.
Kinda makes a guy want to hit the range with a rifled musket and and an AR-15...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
At midnite tonight... the very start of july 4th me, a family friend and a few other vets will be doing a 21 gun salute with garands baught especially for this occasion. Followed by a jimi hendrix version of the star spangled banner played by yours truely as loud as a marshall cabinet will allow. I'll kiss my g/f and tell her I love her, and do my best to enjoy the freedom that this country has given me. A set of freedoms that are the right of all men. Mostly just the freedom to drink alot of samuel adams.

And then I will wake up at 6am and go to work.

·
Registered
238 Posts
im going to the T.R.Hughes/Ozzy Smith Ballpark, and going to ride some rides and look at fireworks and pimp some females

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Well, this is put in the past tense, but me and a few buddies sat out by the firepit, set off fireworks, talked about various different things, had a few beers, and jumped in the pool. I NEVER mix drinking with driving or firearms. All and all it was a good forth of July. Roman Candles, Jap Rockets, 2500 Penny sticks tied together :twisted: and lots of others. It was good to celebrate the birthday of America with a few friends. And of coarse, I kept all of our troops in mind and we all put one down for them all...current-and past...

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Just talked to one of my best buds, he had his first child yesterday afternoon, a healthy little girl. The due date was July 1st, Canada day, but it turned out the girl would rather be born on the fourth :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
4th of July

I know I am a few days late.....but...spent some time with my relatives, worked with my horses. Shot my rifle half the afternoon on the fourth.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was traveling back to Iraq, or attempting to. I made it as far as Kuwait and there were no more aircraft available. So today I sit in Kuwait waiting for a C-130 to take me where I belong. I was home for 2 weeks on my R and R Leave and got to see my new baby girl that was born on 02JUN05. What a sight to see. Did all sorts of other fun stuff as well. Went to a Detroit Tigers game, sat 28 rows behind home plate and ALMOST got a foul ball. They lost, but it was fun anyways. Also went to Cedar Point (an amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio. It was a great time enjoying the United States of America for a while. Last, but not least, I celebrated my first wedding anniversary.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Happy you had a good time at home, Brian. It must have been priceless to see your folks again, and the familiar sights of home. Wish you could have been there with your family for the fourth.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Brian,

God Bless, Godspeed, and congrats on the baby girl and anniversary.

I spent my 4th in my cruiser. I had an exciting and draining night. I spent 3hrs talking a suicidal woman into letting us in to her home( in addition to being our sniper, I am our only crisis intervention officer) only to have to forcibly take her to the psych unit. I ended up pulling a 13 hr shift, and got home about 0700. I walked into the house, stripped off my gear, scratched the dog's ears, popped open a cold beer(the wife and kids were still out of town) sat down and thought about how good we have it here. I toasted to the pic of my grandfathers in their WWII uniform, finished my beer and hit the rack. After 24hrs without sleep I was out in seconds .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts