Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would really appreciate it if someone would give me a general price for a remmington 1903a4 rifle. Would a large gun show be a good place to search ? I have recently purchased a 30-06 m1 garand from the CMP and its a fairly low #
Of coarse its not all original parts because i got the service grade. i didnt spend allot becouse i wasnt sure if i would like it, but i recently fired a freinds 1903a3 and i really liked it.

I would really like to know were i could go to get an honest deal on the REAL 1903a4 sniper rifle, and not some knock off for the same price ... i live in Connecticut i would really appreciate some good advice. collecting will be a big part of my future, and a good A4 would be a perfect center peice.

PS.
If youve got the time, id also like to know more about weaver scopes, if they are availiable etc. And if you know anything about unertle 8x scope please mention

im only 15 years old and i know i want to be an army ranger as an adult. i get my rifles by saving up for them and giving the cash to my dad, who also has an ffl. i want to get one now before they are all gone and i just want some good guidance.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
For a decent condition 1903A4 you will pay about $3000, and for extremely nice examples, you will pay up and possibly beyond $6000. You can find unmatched rifles, or rifles without a scope for the $1500 range....

welcome to the boards.

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My father has a Remington M-1903A4 for sale... $7,000 FIRM. I will post pics soon... it is a factory new rifle... it has only been proof fired (10 shots total). It is in 100% condition and has been papered and appraised for $7,000... so thats what my father is willing to sell it for. I tried talking him out of selling it... since he has had it for so long... but he says he doesnt mind if he sells it and its his rifle so i cant tell him what to do with it... ALL TRUE M-1903A4 sniper rifles have a Weaver Model 330 4 power scope... not the Unertl 8 power. The Unertl scopes found on Sniper rifles of WW2 were regular M-1903A3 rifles that the armory changed to sniper rifles for the US Marine Corps since it did not have the funding at the time to buy real Sniper weapons. The vast majority of these rifles were not proof marked as A4 Sniper rifles and the barrels were standard issue 03 barrels (not star proofed).

BC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts