Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mel,

I have been waiting patiently for just over a year for my Tac Ops X-Ray with a 20” barrel. I make a conscious effort not to call Mike everyday and bug him…

Could you feed my addiction with some photos of your Bravo and Tango….and that sexy little thing in the A5 you have displayed with the t-shirt photos?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, its hard to pass up a request like that!!

I'll try to find some time to snap a photo or two of my bravo. The rifle pictured with the t-shirts is a SC1A5 with 20" tube. It was a fun gun to build, and it shoots very well also.

MEL

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why does it take so dang long for them to make a rifle? I know its a very high end rifle and all but geez! Over a year?! Is there a real reason for it taking so long?

The Rifleman

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike told me that all of the main work on the rifle was done and that we are waiting for it to come back from Birdsong with the “green-t”. I guess with the war, this industry must be a bit busy so I will wait patiently. I sent him a NXS 3.5x15/50, MLR reticle, with the zero stop to put on top of it for me…..

Luckily I switched over from Highpower service to match rifle recently so I have my epileptic fits in the rapids to keep me occupied while I bide my time.

Patiently I wait…..

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
George,

I had to wait a long time for my bravo also, but it was worth it!

I was writing up the Leica review last night and came across this picture, I figured you might like it:

MEL

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice little spotter...
I use the Leica 77 televid angled eye piece for high power. Love the clarity for picking out the .223 holes on practice days. However, I wish Leica made an extended eye relief model like the Kowa.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
George,

yeah, that spotting scope is fantastic. Optics are superb. I loved using it, as you'll see in the review.

Now, back to the topic:

Mike at Tac-Ops was reading the forums and saw this thread, and sent a few pictures for our pleasure.... I'll post them each in seperate posts on this thread.... ENJOY!!

MEL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Here was the first one from tac-ops:

Here is mikes note:

Ok Boys , I heard about the thread you want some pics of Tac Ops platforms
you got it ( Mel Blur the Face 100% or do not post the pic please ) Here
is one of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Elite snipers with one of Tac Ops
masterpieces the new X-ray 66 ......the same rifle you are getting George
but this is a 300 WM, yours is a 308 and remember ??? Rome was not built in
a day lol

Michael

MEL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
And number three (the last one):

Mel, please go ahead and post this one on the thread and blur everyone's
face very good ok even blur the dog's face for a goof per mike at Tac Ops
LOL I hope the guys like it ? ... [in regards to the short 4 inch can] I designed it for the entry Teams just to
cut down the blast of the M-4's but in doing so when I change the cuts on
the suppressor's cones it make it almost as silent as my 7 1/2 to 9 inch
cans.....

I couldn't bring myself to bluring the dogs face....

Notice, these guys are pros. Due to their tactical situation, they are all aiming/firing left handed, and I can guarantee you they are not all lefties (obvious by which leg their sidearms are strapped to). This is a skill even snipers need to practice, shooting offhand, if for nothing else, then do it just for murphy's law because if it can go wrong, it will.

MEL

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So Mike makes AR's as well? Those are some great pics, and great weapons! I can't wait for mine to arrive. Well I guess I can wait, I just don't want to.

John

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
tac-ops does a lot of things other than sniper rifles. Suppressors were their first speciality, now they do many other things, in fact, I think they are ramping up to do 1911 work even...

MEL

·
Registered
777 Posts
mele said:
in fact, I think they are ramping up to do 1911 work even...
:D Wow, I'm impressed. Maybe they'll offer other calibers in addition to .45 ACP? A Tac-Ops 1911...where's my grocery list honey? I've got something to add. 8)

I'll be waiting anxiously for news on this one.

P.S. Tac-Ops wouldn't happen to have any extra pictures of the Alpha 66 now would they?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Seeing how Mike from Tac-Ops lurks these boards.... perhaps he'll hear you and send something my way. Oh, BTW, the next tac-ops rifle I get will be an Alpha-66.

MEL

·
Registered
222 Posts
Geez Mel!!!

Whats the Alpha-66?

Mel could you tell me everything you know about them making their 1911? When will someone be able to place an order for one. I am looking into getting one of the SA Custom shop 1911 in the next 8 months but if Tac-Ops is going to start making them well I might change my mind.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The alpha 66 uses the McMillan Baker Special stock chambered in 300 WM.

There is a thread going in the pistols section about this very thing

MEL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts