Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gentlemen,
I have been reading these forums for quite a while but have never posted. I plan on getting a Remington 700p sometime soon. I read somewhere on the forums that an inexpensive place to find one is from the police auctions.

Anyone have any information on this? Their are websites on the internet but they charge money. Wondering if anyone can contribute anything
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
As a Police Officer myself I would find this hard to believe, for two reasons. First when weapons replace one of two things usually happens, the officers get a chance to purchase them, or they are traded in. The second is that many PDs rebarrel the 700 rather than replacing it. Most PDs wont sell weapons to the public due to liability, even seized arms are destroyed, or place in the arsenal for city use.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I have said it once, and I will keep saying it until someone listens.........

Quote:
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:54 am by APK-223:

I know the 700P is a favorite and everyone is addicted to them. But I would just like to offer you the thought of saving $. Don't knock the VS, by buddy has one and it can keep up w/ a 700P anyday of the week. Maybe if your looking to put that money somewhere where it might improv accuracy. It may not be worth the extra cash just for palm swells, an extra mounting lug, and .....oh yea...its black.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you everyone
I thought if I could save money I would. Ill come up with this money this summer and buy the 700p.
Thanks Again :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts