Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered scope for the 5R. Now on my SC rifle, I had to get higher rings to compensate for the 50mm bell of my scope. But this will just be a standard 3.5-10x40mm scope. Do I just go w/ lows, or is it possible to go to low? I'm gonna try to order a TPS base if available (if not probably a Ken Farrell) and TPS rings. Also, what does everyone think of alluminum for rings/bases? This is not going to me a 1000yd tack driver, but I do not like to miss.........It will be my standard, .308 rifle, good for a million uses, and if i get to hunt, it will be my hunting rifle.

Here is TTH before, mounted w/ a VX-III 6.5-20x40. I believe the rings are just standard Leupys and I think they are lows, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
For reasons that are too complicated to get into, the lower th better as long as the scope clears the bbl in front. If you have about 1/4 in room between the bbl and scope, that is perfect IMHO. Oh yea, you also have to make sure the bolt clears and you have roome to throw the bolt easly.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have a 700 with a 3.5-10x40 leupy?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts