Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story, I am currently dating an Australian girl and she loves shooting as much as i do. the topic has come up in conversation that she would like me to move down there. That presents me with some issues. I like my shooting mainly. Im wondering if there would be much interest for a long range shooting complex somewhere just out side the ACT, kinda between Sydney and Melbourne. I was thinking 1300-1600 meters depending on land. The question I have, is something like this even possible for an american to build. and get licensed. and then would there be enough interest that it would survive. What are some of the complaints you have about the current ranges? let me know what you think. The other big issue would be getting all my rifles down there. I dont think the belt fed will be allowed sadly.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The licensing system is state based in Aus and I think the swear filter would block any words I would use to describe those administering it. That said you could look up NSW/VIC (whichever state is appropriate) weapons licensing branch and they will have some of the basic requirements for ranges on their web site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts