Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everyone getting their powder from? Locally our stores are low on about everything. I am specifically looking for H1000 and Retumbo and havent seen it for months. Any leads?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a local source for hard to find powders. I have bought them out of H1000. Last time I was in the shop, they had plenty of Retumbo....probably 8 or 10 1lb bottles. They do not sell 8lb jugs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am down to my last 2 pounds of H1000 and only have 1 pound of Retumbo. Getting kind of desperate around here and no one online that I have found has either in stock.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Well speaking for myself, I got a 300 NM and once I found out it liked Retumbo, I bought 16 lbs so that I would have plenty of powder of the same lot. I bought 1000 berger 230's , and 1000 Federal magnum primers for the same shooter. That's just my way of cutting down on the potential effects of component lot variations. I usually buy enough brass to shoot out the barrels for each rifle that reload for. Once I get a recipe a shooter likes, I buy in bulk. Once I open the last 8lb jug I order another if my round count on that shooter suggests that makes sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know you said you can't afford an 8lb jug right now, but buying online, bulk is the way to go because you have to pay for shipping and a hazmat fee. Unless you catch brownells or midway on a no hazmat fee special.

Anyway, Lohmanarms.com has both1lb and 8lb jugs of H1000 in stock as I'm writing this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I know you said you can't afford an 8lb jug right now, but buying online, bulk is the way to go because you have to pay for shipping and a hazmat fee. Unless you catch brownells or midway on a no hazmat fee special.

Anyway, Lohmanarms.com has both1lb and 8lb jugs of H1000 in stock as I'm writing this.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would but I cant afford to buy 8 lbs at a time.
Save up. Buying a pound here and a pound there over time is more expensive. Take a break and save up, then your great for a while, then start saving for the next 8 pounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have looked online and locally everywhere and at present, 3-20-2021, I can find
no reloading powders anywhere. No powder and certainly no primers and
very little brass and bullets. The supplies do not seem to be coming back
anywhere. Local gun shops are pretty much only selling ammunition
to people purchasing guns. Not sure when this fiasco will end.
Well, I guess Ted Kennedy's dream will come true. I still remember him
saying way back in the 70's that if you make it impossible to buy ammunition
there will be no need for gun regulation since a gun with out ammunition
is nothing more then a metal stick. Not sure what is really behind this shortage of
everything to do with ammunition but I see no end to it in sight.
The lack of ammunition and reloading supplies along with the
price gouging seems to just be getting worse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts