Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everyone getting their powder from? Locally our stores are low on about everything. I am specifically looking for H1000 and Retumbo and havent seen it for months. Any leads?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a local source for hard to find powders. I have bought them out of H1000. Last time I was in the shop, they had plenty of Retumbo....probably 8 or 10 1lb bottles. They do not sell 8lb jugs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am down to my last 2 pounds of H1000 and only have 1 pound of Retumbo. Getting kind of desperate around here and no one online that I have found has either in stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will keep them in mind in the future but they are out of everything I need though.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Well speaking for myself, I got a 300 NM and once I found out it liked Retumbo, I bought 16 lbs so that I would have plenty of powder of the same lot. I bought 1000 berger 230's , and 1000 Federal magnum primers for the same shooter. That's just my way of cutting down on the potential effects of component lot variations. I usually buy enough brass to shoot out the barrels for each rifle that reload for. Once I get a recipe a shooter likes, I buy in bulk. Once I open the last 8lb jug I order another if my round count on that shooter suggests that makes sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know you said you can't afford an 8lb jug right now, but buying online, bulk is the way to go because you have to pay for shipping and a hazmat fee. Unless you catch brownells or midway on a no hazmat fee special.

Anyway, Lohmanarms.com has both1lb and 8lb jugs of H1000 in stock as I'm writing this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I know you said you can't afford an 8lb jug right now, but buying online, bulk is the way to go because you have to pay for shipping and a hazmat fee. Unless you catch brownells or midway on a no hazmat fee special.

Anyway, Lohmanarms.com has both1lb and 8lb jugs of H1000 in stock as I'm writing this.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would but I cant afford to buy 8 lbs at a time.
Save up. Buying a pound here and a pound there over time is more expensive. Take a break and save up, then your great for a while, then start saving for the next 8 pounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts